Curcumin is a chemical which is derived primarily from the turmeric root. There are many health benefits to curcumin supplementation. These benefits range from support of anti-inflammatory activity, to aiding in the development of bone density, to lasting support of standard blood vessel function. Zetpil Curcumin 95 SR Plus Suppositories ensure optimal absorption of this vital nutrient.
- Highly absorbable super nutrient – Curcumin.
- Substantial support of innate bodily anti-inflammatory properties.
- Supports the already healthy function of blood vessels and general heart health
- Aids in the development of bone density
- Provides impressive absorption rates via suppository form, up to an 85% absorption rate.
- Made of a proprietary base to allow proper absorption through the intestinal wall.
- Sustained release of the supplement allows for a longer absorption time giving a more thorough assimilation of the nutrients.
- Suppositories can be shipped with ice to ensure preservation of shape and potency.
The Many Nutritional Benefits of Curcumin
Curcumin is the most active of the three curcuminoids found in turmeric. It is a chemical of the polyphenol family, derived from the rhizome Curcuma longa L. Curcumin has also been found to support the cleansing of heavy metals and other toxins from the body. It has displayed tremendous potential for anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular benefits.
By inhibiting the COX-2 enzyme, lipoxygenase (LOX), and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), curcumin helps the body to maintain natural levels of inflammation in the joints. Not only does it support the healthy functioning of joints, curcumin has also been shown to aid in the standard functional development of bone density.1 It’s an all-around positive for the long-term health of bones and joints!
Curcumin has been shown to support several aspects of cardiovascular health. People with high homocysteine levels are often found to have endothelial cells which do not function properly. Endothelial cells line the inside of blood vessels and support them in their natural functions of circulation. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a substance which the body produces as a marker of inflammation. It has been shown to damage endothelial cells. The damage these cells receive can result in sub-optimal function of the circulatory system. Curcumin has been shown in studies to inhibit the effect of CRP on these endothelial cells.2
The Advantages of Zetpil Sustained Release Suppositories
Sustained Release maximizes the nutritional effect of curcumin. The suppository has been formulated to allow a sustained release over a 4-5 hour period of time for complete absorption of the ingredients into the blood.
The Suppository Base consists of an advanced proprietary blend formulated for effective delivery of ingredients. It is also the most comfortable suppository available with no retention problems, and typically melts in as little as 5 to 6 minutes, with absorption in 15-20 minutes. Every ingredient of this safe and non-irritating base exerts a positive effect.
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.