Arginine is perhaps the most important amino acid for heart health. It is a highly effective supplement that can be used to support healthy blood pressure levels* and the production of nitric oxide. As much as 85% of arginine taken orally experiences significant enzymatic degradation, so taking arginine in the form of a suppository is necessary to ensure its overall effectiveness.
- Helps to support blood vessels, natural nitric oxide production levels, healthy blood pressure*, and other areas of heart health.
- Bypass degradation in the stomach or liver experienced by oral Arginine supplements.
- Provides maximum absorption into the bloodstream via suppository form, second only to an IV.
- Suppository supplements can effectively achieve proper dosages.
- Made of a proprietary base to allow proper absorption through the intestinal wall.
- Suppositories can be shipped with ice to ensure preservation of shape and potency.
Oral Ingestion of Arginine and its Potential Harms
Even though oral arginine can be completely ineffective in small doses, if the dosages are too high (depending on the individual recipient) arginine can actually disrupt endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) levels by activating a feedback mechanism which the body utilizes to mitigate excessive formation of nitric oxide (NO). Said mechanism only exists because of the immense bodily damage that excessive NO levels can cause. In the body, excessive NO facilitates the creation of the most damaging free radical, a prooxidant known as peroxynitrite.
Previously performed research has demonstrated that recipients of oral arginine need as much as 11 grams. Unfortunately, this amount is not sustainable from a patient compliance perspective in order to reach the pharmacodynamically effective level which is needed by the majority of the patient population to substantially raise their endothelial NO. Such a high oral dosage is necessary due to the fact that arginine experiences approximately an 85% enzymatic degradation when ingested orally.
Why a Suppository?
The difference in effectiveness between an arginine suppository supplement and an oral arginine supplement is so profound that there is simply no point in comparing the two in terms of quality. Suppositories provide a more effective rate of absorption without degradation from the digestive tract. Additionally, repeated ingestion of oral arginine may eventually lead to the body’s inability to utilize the supplement, creating an extended deficiency in Arginine!
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* Blood pressure levels already within a natural range
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.