Arginine is among the most important amino acids for your health. It is a valuable and effective nutrient which may be used by the body to sustain its production of endothelial nitric oxide and a natural level of blood pressure. Because 85% of arginine taken orally undergoes significant enzymatic degradation, taking arginine in the form of creams or suppositories is critically important.
- Amino acid arginine supports heart health.
- A deep penetrating cream that absorbs through the skin.
- No degradation in the stomach or liver as with oral Arginine supplements.
- Easy to apply.
- Functions as a powerful moisturizer with all natural Shea butter.
The Potential Dangers of Oral Arginine Intake
While arginine is a great way to support healthy levels of blood pressure and cardiovascular health in general, if not taken correctly it will be completely useless to the body. Not only can oral arginine be ineffective in small doses, it can also be dangerous if taken in large doses! If the dosages are too high (subjected to inter-individual variability factor) the excessive dosages can actually suppress the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) levels by activating a feedback mechanism the body employs to mitigate the excessive formation of nitric oxide. This exists since excessive nitric oxide (NO) levels facilitate formation of the most damaging free radicals, a pro-oxidant known as peroxynitrate.
Previous research has demonstrated that the oral arginine needed may be as high as 11 grams, which is not sustainable from a patient compliance perspective in order to achieve a pharmocodynamically effective level of 1650 mgs needed by the majority of the patient population to raise the endothelial NO. This high dosage is necessary because arginine undergoes 85% enzymatic degradation when it is orally ingested.
Why a Cream?
The difference between arginine cream and an oral arginine supplement is so profound (due to the poor absorption levels of oral arginine) that there simply is no comparison. Suppository arginine can also be very effective, much more so than oral intake, but it is also time consuming and inconvenient. Arginine cream reaches a perfect balance between the convenience of oral intake and the effectiveness of suppository intake.
- Although safe for children, this product should be kept out of the reach of children.
- As with any nutrient if pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- If you have diabetes and/or significant kidney or liver disease, please consult with your healthcare provider before using this product.
- This product is contraindicated in patients with cancer and the herpes virus.
- If you experience any adverse reaction, discontinue use of the cream and contact your healthcare provider.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.