Item Catalog Number: 01993
Also available: Without Astaxanthin
MacuGuard® Ocular Support with Saffron and Astaxanthin provides a proprietary blend of lutein, trans-zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin. These three nutrients play an important role in protecting the delicate photoreceptor cells in the retina’s macula from potential light damage. This unique and innovative formula also contains C3G (cyanidin-3-glucoside), a cutting-edge berry flavonoid compound that aids in stimulating regeneration of rhodopsin, a compound in the eyes that helps to support night vision.
- Each softgel provides total eye nutrition for over-all optical care.
- Supports the retina’s macula to promote lasting healthy vision.
- Supports healthy night vision.
- Contains lutein, trans-zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin that help supplement diets that are deficient in these ingredients.
- Aids in protecting the eyes from sun damage and degeneration related to aging.
- Contains phospholipids for superior absorption.
Benefits of MacuGuard Ocular Support with Saffron and Astaxanthin
Life Extension MacuGuard Ocular Support with Saffron and Astaxanthin offers a proprietary blend of nutrients that include lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin, mimicking the body’s own naturally occurring ratios. It also includes C3G and astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin has been shown, when take in concordance with other carotenoids, to protect against free radical induced DNA damage, repair UVA-Irradiated cells, and inhibit inflammatory cell infiltration. Astaxanthin also helps support vascular health within the eye and improves visual acuity. Astaxanthin may play a protective role against eye fatigue.
Proper vision requires lutein and zeaxanthin, and special carotenoids that are part of our macular pigment.1,8 The macular pigment is a filter that acts as a natural protector for the eyes from damaging blue and ultraviolet (UV) light. Although consuming large quantities of vegetables that contain these important nutrients is beneficial, it is often quite difficult to obtain system wide absorption2 which is critical for the over-all eye health. This is where Phospholipids come into play. The Phospholipids are utilized to support maximum absorption not only into the eye, but in the blood stream as well.2-7 Research indicates that phospholipids aid in the efficient absorption of lutein not only in the retina of the eyes, but equally important, the blood stream, and cell membranes as well.6,7
While Lutein is a heavy lifter when it comes to eye health, Life Extension MacuGuard also supports an increase in zeaxanthin levels, which is also crucial in maintaining the health of your macular pigment.
Life Extension’s proprietary formulation also includes C3G, an antioxidant extracted from European Black Currant, and astaxanthin. Studies have shown C3G to have a powerful effect on the body’s antioxidant levels.
Combined, all these ingredients work to support various aspects of ocular health and vision including reducing retinal damage, macular degeneration, and increasing UV light protection.8-10
Now reformulated without soybeans or coconut oil! Saffron and alpha-carotene have been added to this formula to enhance macular health and support visual acuity.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.