Nicotinamide riboside, or Niagen®, is a patented ingredient from ChromaDex which has been the subject of numerous studies and human trials. This is because it may serve as a useful precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) – an important coenzyme found in every cell of the body. Thorne Research NiaCel-250 is designed to provide you with the highest quality encapsulation of this cutting edge vitamin available on the market.
- Each capsule contains 250 mg of Niagen®.
- A precursor to the formation of NAD+.
- One study reported high oral bioavailability of nicotinamide riboside.
- May support cellular energy production and resist the deterioration that often comes with aging.
- High quality ingredients are rigorously tested for safety and efficacy.
NAD+ and Nicotinamide Riboside
Through a series of relatively recent scientific research, the importance of Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) in cellular health and the aging process has been continually unveiled. This vital coenzyme can be found in every cell of the human body where it aids in fuel reduction-oxidation reactions, the transportation of electrons between reactions, and acts as a cosubstrate for other enzymes such as the sirtuins and poly (adenosine diphosphate–ribose) polymerases.1
In an effort to ensure that the cells of the body have an adequate supply of NAD+, many people, particularly those of advanced age, turn to supplementation as means of support organic bodily functions which produce this coenzyme. There is no ingredient better suited to this task than nicotinamide riboside – a pyridine-nucleoside form of vitamin B3 (niacin) which can be found in small quantities in food sources like milk, beer, and yeast. Numerous clinical studies and human trials have shown that this vitamin is a precursor to the formation of NAD+ and may have the oral bioavailability to make a significant difference in the human body when taken in the form of a capsule supplement.2,3,4
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.