Because mitochondria are integral to the function of every cell in the human body, it is essential that they are properly nourished and functioning healthily. This unique formulation from Thorne Research contains a number of nutrients which may support mitochondrial health, energy levels, and metabolism throughout the body.
- A unique blend of nutrients which may work synergistically to aid in mitochondrial health.
- Contains antioxidants like CoQ10 (ubiquinol) and reduced glutathione for cell and mitochondria support.
- L-Carnitine may help shuttle fatty acids to the mitochondria.
- Amino acid, antioxidant, and B vitamin content may also support neurological health.
- May nutritionally aid in natural bodily processes for energy production and transfer.
Mitochondria are a vital and mysterious facet of health and wellness. They are microscopic organelles which can be found in every cell of the human body. Due to their omnipresence in tissues, organs, and organ systems, mitochondria represent a foundationally important aspect of a healthy functioning body.
Much is said about their role in energy production, so much so that they are often given the title of the “powerhouse
of the cell”. However, these claims are vague and fail to do justice to the actual importance of mitochondria’s role in the body. This leaves many wondering: how do the mitochondria actually work? and what are the actual benefits of their cellular energy production?
There are two essential processes, facilitated by the mitochondria, which garner the production of energy: the citric acid cycle and oxidative phosphorylation. Both of these process are closely related and revolve around the conversion of fuel sources like carbohydrates and fats into organic chemical compounds which serve as the principle energy source for cells throughout the human body. More specifically, these compounds can be thought of as a sort of currency used in the process of intracellular energy transfer at a molecular level.
Interactions: 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate’s anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Caution: Neurochondria contains an ingredient derived from soy (phosphatidylserine isolate). Phosphatidylserine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in Neurochondria.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose