This Fractionated Pectin Powder from Thorne Research uses a high quality, pH-modified citrus pectin which may be the best soluble fiber available for supplementation. Designed for support of healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range, and liver detoxification via the removal of heavy metals from the digestive tract.
- Each serving contains 5 mg of modified citrus pectin.
- May provide liver detoxification and cholesterol balance support properties.
- Similar to Pectinate, but with a larger dose and no r-lipoic acid.
- Powder form allows for greater customization of dosage.
The Benefits of Pectin and Other Soluble Fibers
Let’s face it: when most people think of fiber, they think of solid bowel movements. While this is a useful feature of insoluble fiber which is found in wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains, many people are unaware of the amazing nutritional benefits of soluble fiber.
Soluble fiber is commonly found in the skins of fruits. This fruit-based fiber is known as pectin. Pectin and other soluble fibers play a very different role in the human body than their insoluble counterparts. While insoluble fiber is primarily used to support digestion, and healthy bowel movements, soluble fiber is more commonly used for detoxification and cholesterol support.
The role that pectin plays in cholesterol support is fairly straightforward. All varieties of soluble fiber have the potential to bind to LDL (or ‘bad’) cholesterol in the digestive tract, and escort it out of the body via the excretory system. Interestingly enough, citrus pectin’s detoxification properties work very similarly.
However, unlike other soluble fibers, and even other varieties of pectin, the citrus pectin which is used in this formula is thought to be particularly effective at attracting and binding to harmful heavy metals like lead, cadmium, and arsenic.1 These detoxification and liver health support properties are what set Thorne Research’s Fractionated Pectin Powder® ahead of the rest!
Note: Fractionated Pectin Powder contains an ingredient derived from citrus.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.