Regimint is an herbal supplement that contains a fixed combination of peppermint and caraway oil in an enteric-coated capsule for help in relieving spasms associated with I.B.S.. What makes Regimint Special? Regimint is natural and can be part of your everyday life. Second, Regimint has a unique enteric-coating on every soft gel capsule. This enteric-coating allows Regimint to travel through the stomach and into the colon where its natural herbal formula will only then be released to benefit you the most.
The fixed combination of peppermint/caraway oil in Regimint is recognized and developed in accordance with the German Kommission E. In Germany, there is a government authority, the German Kommission E, which regulates and test herbal remedies. The German Kommission E is similar to the FDA in the United States except they are more involved in testing and regulating herbal remedies. The herbal remedy that is officially endorsed by the German Kommission E as an effective safe treatment for irritable bowel syndrome is a fixed combination of peppermint/caraway oil in an enteric-coated capsule.
Regimint may work due to the enteric-coating which allows the capsule to dissolve in the colon instead of the stomach. The coating helps prevent gastric reflux which can be associated with peppermint consumption and also allows the peppermint/caraway oil to act locally where it is needed: in the colon. When it is delivered into the colon by enteric-coated capsules, the peppermint/caraway oil appears to have the ability to relax intestinal smooth muscle. It may do this by blocking the influx of calcium into the smooth muscle cells, thus stopping excessive muscle contractions and restoring proper muscle tone. Calcium is one of many things that seems to regulate muscle contractions in the intestinal tract.
The gastrointestinal tract is a long muscular tube that functions as the food processor for the human body. The digestive system includes the following organs: the mouth and salivary glands, stomach, the small and large intestines, colon, liver, pancreas, and the gall bladder. The gastrointestinal tract is not a passive system; rather, it has the capability to sense and react to the materials that are passed through it. For a healthy digestive system, every person requires different food selections that match their gastrointestinal tract capacity.
Regimint is an enteric-coated peppermint and caraway oil combination that has been used as a digestive aid.137,138,144 This combination acts locally to help relax the smooth muscle of the intestines and may have a calming effect on the digestive system.137-148 The enteric coating allows the oil to bypass digestion in the stomach where the acid environment would otherwise destroy the active ingredient. Regimint, through its mode of action, supports gastrointestinal tract function and motility.143,145,146,147
Serving Size: 1 enteric-coated soft gel capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Peppermint oil extract (Mentha piperita)
Caraway oil extract (Carumcarvi)
Dosage and Use:
- The recommended dosage is one capsule before each meal three times daily.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
137. J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1997 Nov-Dec;21(6):357-65.
138. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1997;427:211-9.
139. Antibiot Khimioter. 1989 Jun;34(6):462-6.
140. J Nutr Health Aging. 2007 Jul-Aug;11(4):305-11.
141. Acta Biomed. 2006 Aug;77(2):85-9.
142. Med Hypotheses. 2005;64(1):64-8.
143. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1991 Mar;26(3):321-6.
144. Diabetologia. 1980 Sep;19(3):198-204.
145. Magy Seb. 2001 Dec;54(6):347-50.
146. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2001 Apr;32(4):319-23.
147. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1996 Jul;8(7):699-703.
148. Pharmazie. 1999 Mar;54(3):210-5.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.