- 1000 mg of Vitamin C per 1 tsp. serving.
- 100 mg ElderCraft® European black elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.) of the Haschberg variety.
- 8 mg vitamin E as DeltaGold® tocotrienols for cell membrane support.
- This trio has been selected for optimal immune system support.*
- Quicksilver Delivery Systems® utilize advance phospholipids for enhanced absorption and retention aid.
Vitamin C and the Immune System
By now most people, even those with no concern over nutrition, are aware of Vitamin C and its principal benefit to the human body: aiding the immune system. But how does this actually work?
First and foremost, Vitamin C is renowned for its antioxidant properties. This means that it plays an essential role in finding and eliminating free radicals from the body before they can generate oxidation.
While this role is exceptionally valuable to the integrity of the immune system, the benefits don’t stop there. In fact, it may actually be Vitamin C’s role as a cofactor for biosynthetic and gene regulatory enzymes that provide the most significant immune-modulating effects.
In addition to all of this, Vitamin C may also be useful in both the treatment and prevention of respiratory and systemic infections via its support of immune cell functions.1
Quicksilver Scientific Vitamin C + Elderberry – More than Just Vitamin C
While Vitamin C is undeniably useful for immune support, that doesn’t mean it is some magical “silver bullet” which can resolve any-and-all immune system difficulties. Indeed the immune system is a vast and complicated mechanism which requires a variety of nutrients in proper proportion to function at its highest.
When designing Vitamin C+ Elderberry, researchers at Quicksilver Scientific sought out the most useful ingredients to pair with their standard liquid Vitamin C supplement. Their conclusion: Elderberry syrup and Vitamin E.
Elderberry was chosen due to its exceptionally high flavonoid content. In particular, black elderberries of the Haschberg variety are abundantly rich in anthocyanin flavonoids. These flavonoids may be capable of assisting in the efficiency of immune and inflammatory response times.2,3
Vitamin E, on the other hand, is often thought to offer protective support to crucial immune cells (T cells, NK cells, etc) via their cell membranes. This is because Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that may be capable of protecting certain fatty acids in the membrane from oxidation.4
By each aiding in a different facet of the immune system, this trio amounts to much more than just the sum of its parts. This synergy is what sets Quicksilver Scientific Vitamin C+ Elderberry apart from and beyond other Vitamin C supplements.
Note: Store at room temperature, refrigerate upon opening.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.