- Methyl Charge+ contains Riboflavin (B2), Folate (B9), Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 – all of the most essential vitamins for methylation support!
- Also includes Trimethylglycine (Betaine) to aid in homocysteine balance.
- May provide support for NAD+ and glutathione production, detoxification, DNA repair, and more.
- Quicksilver Scientific’s signature liposomal delivery formula is designed to protect nutrients and facilitate easy absorption.
- 50 servings per 1.7 oz. bottle.
Why is DNA Methylation so Important?
For such a fundamental biochemical process, little is understood about DNA methylation, especially by the general public. Before explaining why you should care about this process, let’s start with a basic definition of DNA methylation as it applies to humans.
Methylation is a mechanism of epigenetics which refers to any change in DNA outside of DNA sequence. In a nutshell this translates to changes in behavior from certain genes and proteins within the human body. This can include limiting the expression of certain genes which might otherwise lead to the development of a number of serious health concerns.1
The bottom line is that methylation is essential in a healthy human body.
How Does the Methyl Charge+ Formula Work?
Given that methylation is such a fundamental process, it should come as no surprise that many experts strongly suspect it is significantly impacted by dietary choices.
In particular, it is thought that certain B-vitamins may have the most significant impact. A 2019 study tested interactions between DNAm variant rs752579 and methylation metabolism-related B-vitamins (folate, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12) in 5687 white women aged 65-79 over the course of 6 years. The goal of the study was to analyze body mass index (BMI) changes over this time.
The results of the study concluded that “habitual intake of food source B-vitamins may modify the effect of DNAm-related variant on long-term adiposity change.”2 This is a very positive indication that dietary B-vitamin consumption can directly impact the process of methylation in a variety of ways.
In addition to the necessary B-complex vitamin content, Quicksilver Scientific Methyl Charge+ also contains Trimethylglycine (Betaine) to support balanced blood homocysteine levels. 3 This is due to the link between methylation processes and homocysteine release, as well as the risk that excessive homocysteine levels pose to cardiovascular health.4
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.