- Delivers an innovative combination of adaptogenic herbs, phytochemicals and 10 mg of pregnenolone.
- May support everything from healthy brain aging to energy levels and vitality.
- Contains ingredients which like He Shou Wu and Zhi Gan Cao which are well known in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Quicksilver Scientific’s signature liposomal delivery technology ensures that every ingredient is delivered with optimal potency.
- 20 servings per container.
The Role of Adaptogens and Other Herbal Ingredients
Adaptogenic herbs are distinguished by their unique ability to support the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. The HPA axis is the primary stress response system of the human body. As such, it offers a variety of protections for critical bodily systems such as the cardiovascular system, cognitive function and immune response. Without a fully functional HPA axis, these systems will be more vulnerable to damage and degradation over a full lifespan.
Many of the adaptogenic herbs contained in Quicksilver Scientific Longevity Elite are also important ingredients in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The most important of these are He Shou Wu, sometimes known as Fo-ti, and Zhi Gan Cao which is a form of licorice root extract. He Shou Wu translates to “the black-haired Mr. He.” This is said to be in honor of an elderly man named Mr. He who had his gray hair revitalized after consuming the herb. While this bit of folklore is likely exaggerated, the herb has been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and other effects1 which are ideal for aiding in longevity.
On the other hand, Zhi Gan Cao is used in TCM to help tonify Qi (vital energy) and harmonize Qi movements.2 From a western perspective, some studies have postulated that Zhi Gan Cao may provide immunomodulatory support via its polysaccharide content.
Pregnenolone and Hormonal Balance
Pregnenolone is a hormone precursor which is produced organically by the adrenal gland.3 While pregnenolone is innately used by the body to produce numerous other hormones, its purpose in the Quicksilver Scientific Longevity Elite formula is not to boost production, but rather to help ensure that it retains this innate balance.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.