- GABA, skullcap, passionflower, and chamomile proprietary blend is unlike any other sleep support formula on the market.
- May aid the body in winding down for sleep by targeting GABA neurotransmitters.
- PharmaGABA is the highest quality natural GABA extract available anywhere.
- Pairs well with melatonin supplementation in those who work night shifts.
- Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ utilize liposomal emulsification to greatly enhance nutrient bioavailability.
- 25 potent servings per container.
A Nutritional Approach to Healthy Sleep
In order to enter a deep and truly restful night’s sleep, the body must first wind-down into a state of relaxation. While our bodies have natural mechanisms in place to help this process along (such as the release of melatonin in response to decreased light exposure), there are countless factors which might intervene and leave our bodies in a state of alert or excitement well into the night. Those who work night shifts and are required to sleep through the day might find this problem to be especially persistent because they aren’t getting as much assistance from melatonin release.
While various brands of sleeping pills have become a popular solution to this problem, their potential side effects leave many in search of nutritional alternatives which provide the same utility. Thankfully, there is a vast array of nutrients which are directly linked to sleep and relaxation, and are backed by countless pages of scientific research!
Ingredients for Sleep & Relaxation Support
GABA – Of all the neurotransmitters in the human brain, none are more closely tied to sleep than GABA receptors. As one landmark review on the subject states “It is well established that activation of GABA(A) receptors favors sleep.”1 Many of the most popular hypnotic medications are designed to do exactly this.
While the idea of consuming neurotransmitters might sound strange to some, GABA actually occurs naturally in certain foods, such as the popular fermented Korean dish known as kimchi. Quicksilver Scientific LipoCalm uses PharmaGABA because it is the highest quality natural GABA extract derived from the same lactic acid bacteria used in the making of kimchi. Supplements using low-cost synthetic GABA extracts are unlikely to cross the blood-brain barrier and have any tangible effect on access to relaxation and sleep.
Skullcap – Also known by its scientific name of scutellaria lateriflora, skullcap root extract is one of the most relevant natural extracts in scientific research surrounding sleep and relaxation. One study found that it was capable of improving sleep behavior in vertebrae models by way of GABA(A)-BZD receptor binding.2 Another study found skullcap, in combination with romaine lettuce extract, induced significantly enhanced global mood without a reduction in energy or cognition in healthy volunteers.3
Passionflower – Similar to other ingredients in LipoCalm, passionflower has been shown to effect GABA(A) receptors. In addition, clinical trials have revealed that this herb may have a particularly strong effect on feelings of stress and anxiety.4,5
Chamomile – Perhaps the most popular of all herbal sleep support agents. For hundreds of years chamomile tea has been recommended as a pre-bedtime drink to aid in sleep and relaxation. Some people mistakenly assume that this is only because chamomile tea is free from caffeine unlike most teas commonly found around the house. This is not the case. One study reported chamomile exhibiting benzodiazepine-like hypnotic activity in sleep-disturbed rats.6 Another study has reported a significant presence of benzodiazepine-like compounds in chamomile extracts which may be capable of effecting GABA receptors in the brain.7
Note: Store this product at Room Temperature
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.