Ubiquinol VESIsorb® offers a unique self-assembling nano-colloid system to enhance ubiquinol absorption. Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10. It has an additional two hydrogen atoms and compromises the majority of the ubiquinone/ ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy young subjects. In the body, the enzymatic conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol in the mitochondria is a key step in the electron transport chain and the manufacture of ATP. Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10, the preferred form for individuals over 40 or those experiencing increased oxidative stress*
Ubiquinol makes up over 90% of the CoQ10 found in the plasma of healthy young individuals, typically up to the age of about 40-45 years. This makes ubiquinol especially important for older individuals, individuals who may be experiencing greater levels of oxidative or physical stress, or individuals who appear not to respond to regular CoQ10 supplementation (possibly due to poor conversion of CoQ10 to ubiquinol in the body). Research suggests that it may be more readily absorbed than the ubiquinone form. The safety and bioavailability of ubiquinol were evaluated after single oral dose and 4-week multiple dose studies. Significant gastrointestinal absorption was observed and no clinically significant adverse effects were noted.*
In a preliminary case report involving an open clinical evaluation using ubiquinol, a U.S. cardiologist reports that plasma CoQ10 levels doubled for one 52 year-old woman after supplementation with 300 mg ubiquinol in divided doses for one month. It was also noted that ubiquinol supported a healthy ratio of CoQ10 to lipids. In a separate case, a 65 year-old male not responding to CoQ10 supplementation experienced a 4-fold increase in plasma CoQ10 after supplementation with the same dose of ubiquinol. In addition, ubiquinol supported healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function while supporting overall physical activity and quality of life.* In another study of seven patients with congestive heart failure, each one had a substantial improvement in absorption when changed from CoQ10 to ubiquinol.1
Ubiquinol may also support weakness, fatigue, and seizures resulting from CoQ10 deficiency. It is also likely effective for mitochondrial disorders that limit energy production.2
Enhanced Absorption Patented VESIsorb Delivery System
- Developed by Vesifact, a Switzerland-based company dedicated to innovative technology and research
- Patented, lipid-based delivery system increases bio availability of a bioactive that is fat soluble or that has poor water solubility
- Self-assembling colloidal system forms evenly dispersed fluid droplets upon contact with water in the GI tract, each with a mean diameter of less than 100 nanometers and with the bioactive at its core
- These nanosize water-soluble droplets or micelles allow the bioactive to cross the water layer of the GI tract for absorption
- Provides extended release of the bioactive over time
- A human pilot study compared a typical ubiquinol preparation to ubiquinol in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 696% increase in peak blood levels and a 485% increase in relative bioavailability*
- A cross-over, pharmacokinetic pilot study (single oral dose) in humans compared an oil-based CoQ10 preparation to CoQ10 in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 308% increase in peak blood levels (Cmax) and a 622% increase in area under the curve (AUC(0-10 hr)), a measure of 10-hour bioavailability*
- In the same study, AUC(0-10 hr) values were 285% and 499% greater with VESIsorb® CoQ10 compared to two other solubilized, bio-enhanced preparations*
|Serving Size: 1 Caplique capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Kaneka ubiquinol™ (active antioxidant form of coenzyme Q10)||100 mg|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate)||DOSAGE|
|Other Ingredients: medium chain triglycerides, polysorbate 80, polyglycerol fatty acid esters, gelatin Caplique® Capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, titanium dioxide)|
Caplique® Capsule is a registered trademark used by Pure Encapsulations under license. Each Caplique® Capsule is preserved with a nitrogen bubble, which may give the appearance of the capsule not being full. Contents may appear cloudy or thick and may settle or separate.
VESIsorb is a registered trademark of Source One Global Partners
Q+®, Kaneka Ubiquinol™ and the quality seal™ are registered or pending trademarks of Kaneka Corp.
Dosage and Use:
- 1-2 Caplique® Capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
Note: CoQ10 may cause mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Consult your physician for more information.
Caution: CoQ10 may be contra-indicated for individuals taking blood thinning medication. Consult your physician for more information.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.