Bilberry extract contains anthocyanidins with visual and vascular enhancing properties. Bilberry moderates visual fatigue and supports light to dark adjustment through its affinity for the rhodopsin-opsin system, the pigment system which mediates both light and dark vision and visual adaptation to dimly lit spaces. In addition, the extract also has powerful antioxidant activity, promoting the retina’s own enzymatic antioxidant defenses. In the vascular system the anthocyanidin extract supports the integrity of vascular walls by increasing vitamin C levels within cells, decreasing the permeabilizing effect of certain proteolytic/ lysosomal enzymes, stabilizing cell membranes, and stimulating the synthesis of collagen and connective ground substance tissue.
Bilberry extract is derived from Vaccimium myrtillus fruit and standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides. Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
There is evidence that bilberry supports:
- Improved memory, vision, and sensory input
- Prevention of diabetic retinopathy
- Less insulin resistance
- Lower blood pressure
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Amount Per Serving
Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) extract (standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides)
Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)
Other Ingredients: hypo-allergenic plant fiber added to complete capsule volume requirement
Dosage and Use:
- 1–4 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.
Caution: Individuals taking this product with anti-hyperglycemic medications may require blood glucose monitoring. Consult your physician for more information.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.