Acetyl-l-carnitine is the acetylated form of l-carnitine. The two compounds share similar energy and metabolism promoting properties. Found naturally in the body, it supports the availability of acetyl-CoA, an important energy generating metabolite. In addition, it supports proper mitochondrial function and cell membrane stability. The same acetyl group is also responsible for the production of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter for optimal mental functioning.
Support for Cognitive Function, Memory, and Emotional Well-Being
The efficacy of long-term acetyl-l-carnitine supplementation was determined in a double blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial involving 130 elderly individuals for a one-year period. In this trial, acetyl-l-carnitine demonstrated the ability to slow negative cognitive changes, and supported memory and attention. In another randomized double blind study, three-month supplementation provided statistically significant support for mental function, including memory and attention, compared to placebo. A multi-center trial of 481 volunteers showed significant memory, behavioral and emotional support with acetyl-l-carnitine supplementation. In an evaluation of 28 elderly individuals using acetyl-l-carnitine or placebo, the supplemented group experienced enhanced emotional well-being.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Acetyl-l-carnitine (free-form)||500 mg|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)||8 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Hypo-allergenic plant fiber (derived from pine cellulose) added to complete capsule volume requirement.|
Dosage and Use:
- 1-2 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Gastrointestinal upset and skin rash have been reported in sensitive individuals
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Meta-analysis of double blind randomized controlled clinical trials of acetyl-L-carnitine versus placebo in the treatment of mild cognitive impairment and mild Alzheimer’s disease
2. Chronic acetyl-L-carnitine alters brain energy metabolism and increases noradrenaline and serotonin content in healthy mice.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.