Iron supplementation can be a tricky business for those who are at risk of an iron deficiency. The reason for this is that many types of oral iron supplements, like capsules and tablets, cause gastrointestinal complications in many recipients. PatchMD Iron Plus Topical Patches are an ideal choice for a transdermal and ultra bioavailable iron supplement alternative.
- Each patch features a potent 45 mg dose of Iron.
- Also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate (B9), and Astaxanthin.
- An ideal supplement for vegetarians, vegans, those with poor diets or absorption issues, young children, teenaged girls, pregnant women, and premenopausal women.
- Topical patch delivery technology is a novel option for aiding in the bioavailability of nutrient content while also avoiding gastrointestinal side effects.
- Each and every patch is made from all-natural and hypoallergenic materials.
- Use Coupon Code save5 to save 5% off your purchase!
- Fast and Free Shipping on all domestic orders.
Iron Deficiencies and the Risks of Supplementation
Iron is an important mineral for the human body which is most commonly found in various lean meats and seafoods. While most Americans receive an adequate amount of iron from their diets, iron deficiencies are relatively common among vegetarians, vegans, those with poor diets or absorption issues, young children, teenage girls, pregnant women, and pre-menopausal women. Such a deficiency can contribute to a lack of energy, focus, difficulties with mood regulation and bone health complications. A lack of iron is also often indicative of other nutrient deficiencies.1
While supplementation is a viable counter to an iron deficiency, oral iron supplement types like capsules and tablets have been known to cause negative side effects in the gastrointestinal tract for many recipients. For this reason, PatchMD has created a transdermal iron supplement in the form of Iron Plus Topical Patches which provide a sustained release of their nutrient content directly through the layers of the skin and into the bloodstream, completely bypassing the digestive tract, and aiding in optimal bioavailability.
Patch Delivery Technology – a Novel Option in Iron Supplementation
When nutrients are ingested orally, either from the food we eat or from dietary supplements, they must first pass through the digestive system before they can reach the areas of the body where they are needed most. This is problematic for the human body because many of the most essential nutrients are rendered completely useless by the end of the digestive process. Even worse, some nutrients, like iron, can cause digestive problems when taken orally in certain recipients. For this reason, many alternative forms of iron supplements have been developed with the intent of bypassing the digestive tract for more direct nutrient delivery and bioavailability. These alternative forms include everything from suppositories to topical creams.
While these different types of vitamins are highly effective when compared to standard capsules or tablets, they may still be inferior to patches when it comes to enhancing the bioavailability of a wide variety of nutrients in certain individuals. The reason for this is simple – patches offer more convenience and flexibility of use, as well as a sustained release of nutrient content. This sustained release is designed to help the body fully process the nutritional benefits of vitamin, minerals, and more – further supporting the effectiveness of PatchMD’s powerful and one-of-a-kind supplements.
Note: Made in the USA!
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.