- Contains essential immune support ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc.
- Also features herbal liver health ingredients like licorice root, astragalus, and hesperadin.
- Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory support compounds.
- Ideal for protecting the body from toxic overload.
- Transdermal patch absorption may be helpful for those with gastrointestinal malabsorption issues.
- All patches are free from common allergens like Latex, Lactose, Gluten and Sugar.
- 30 patches per container.
Protect Your Body with PatchMD Immune Defense Plus Topical Patches
The modern world is filled with toxins. With the advent of plastics and the uptake in air pollution throughout the industrialized world, it’s no surprise that our bodies are constantly under attack from toxic pathogens. Thankfully, the human body is equipped with multiple systems and functions for finding and eliminating these pathogens before they can spread damage and imbalance throughout cells, tissues, and organ systems.
The two of the most prominent systems which protect the body from toxins are the immune system and the detoxification system which is based in the liver. While these systems are adept at keeping our bodies safe from harm, extreme toxic overload can push them past their limits. In these situations, it is especially important to keep the body well supplied on all of the necessary vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Liver Health & Detox Support Ingredients
Sadly, too many “immune support formulas” on the market ignore the invaluable role that the liver plays in managing toxic overload. PatchMD Immune Defense Plus Topical Patch is not one of these formulas. Here’s an overview of some of the liver support ingredients which put these Immune Defense Plus Topical Patches ahead of the curve:
Licorice Root – One of the most ancient staples of Chinese herbal remedies, licorice root is widely known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support properties. A recent study evaluated the effects that these properties might exhibit on liver health in mice. The results indicate that licorice root has a positive effect on alcohol-damaged liver health. In particular, larger quantities of the antioxidant glutathione were observed in the liver after licorice root consumption.1
Astragalus – Yet another staple in Chinese herbal remedies, Astragalus has been extensively studied in relation to liver health. Via both in vitro and in vivo testing, one study has postulated that Astragalus aids in liver health through the inhibition of TGF-β1/Smads signaling pathway in hepatic stellate cells. This results in decreased concentrations of collagen in the liver, as well as other benefits. In addition, the same study theorizes that astragalus and licorice root work synergistically towards these ends.2
Hesperadin – A flavonoid component of citrus seeds. In vitro testing has shown that Hesperadin successfully induced human HepG2 cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway and death receptor pathway. Cell apoptosis actually refers to the death of cells.3 While this might sound like a negative effect, apoptosis is actually fundamental to human health and should occurring at a balanced rate in healthy tissues and organs.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.