- Each capsules contains 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) alongside 45 mcg of K2 (Menaquinone-7)
- MenaQ7®PRO is a patented form of K2 which is backed by extensive research.
- Approximately 70% of the western population is deficient in vitamin K2.
- Designed for advanced bone and cardiovascular health support.
- May also benefit calcium absorption.
- Does not contain wheat, gluten, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
- 60 capsules = 60 servings per container.
Enhancing the Efficacy of Vitamin D
It’s no big secret that vitamin D is good for your bones. In fact, many are becoming aware that vitamin D’s cardiovascular health benefits are even more pronounced. These benefits typically revolve around supporting healthy blood pressure already within a standard range, as well as how the body processes calcium.1 Given this information, it’s not surprising that vitamin D, particularly in the form of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), is one of the most popular supplemental ingredients on the planet.
There isn’t much to critique about your average vitamin D capsules, especially those which use D3, as it is the most bioactive form. In most recipients, D3 is easily capable of raising serum vitamin D levels and bringing about all the nutritional benefits which that entails. However, those with malabsorption issues or other complications with bodily vitamin D levels may be in need of methods which further enhance the bioavailability of this powerful nutrient.
The Synergistic Relationship Between Vitamin D & Vitamin K
One popular method for enhancing the bioavailability and overall efficacy of vitamin D supplements is the combination of vitamin D3 and vitamin K2. In fact, this is steadily becoming the most notorious synergistic ingredient combination in the nutritional world.
Inquiring minds may now be wondering: what is the actual evidence for this synergistic relationship? As one review of the clinical research states “Vitamin D promotes the production of vitamin K-dependent proteins, which require vitamin K for carboxylation in order to function properly”. Also, “Current evidence supports the notion that joint supplementation of vitamins D and K might be more effective than the consumption of either alone for bone and cardiovascular health.”2 However, this is only a drop in the well of scientific research which has been conducted on this subject.
While there is no guarantee that combining vitamin D3 and K2 will have the same positive impact on your body, all of the evidence points to the fact that the two are better taken together than alone. So, drop those generic vitamin D3 capsules and reach for Ortho Molecular Products Vitamin K2 and D3! The Ortho-Molecular seal of approval makes this one of the finest D3 & K2 supplements on the market.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease