- Each capsule contains 50,000 IU of vitamin D in the highly bioavailable form of cholecalciferol (D3).
- May provide benefits for bone density and cardiovascular health.
- Designed for those with significant malabsorption issues.
- 15 capsule blister pack is highly convenient and portable.
- 10 x 15 capsule blister pack = 150 capsules per package!
Malabsorption & Vitamin D
A “malabsorption issue” refers to any decreased ability to absorb certain macro or micronutrients from foods and supplements. Such issues are most often rooted in gastrointestinal complications, but can also arise from genetic disorders.
Of all the nutrient deficiencies which are triggered by malabsorption issues, perhaps none is more common or threatening than a vitamin D deficiency. As vitamin D is an essential component in calcium metabolism, most people assume that the health complications surrounding a vitamin D deficiency are exclusively related to bone density. However, calcium metabolism (and therefor vitamin D) is also a significant factor in cardiovascular health. This is because calcium is used in muscle contractions which allow for healthy blood flow. In addition, excess quantities of circulating calcium in the bloodstream represent a substantial risk factor for vascular health complications.1
Vitamin D (particularly in the form of cholecalciferol, or D3) is generally considered to be highly bioavailable in supplemental form. If you have identified an internal vitamin D deficiency which has not been relieved by standard D3 doses (2000 – 7,000 IU), then it is likely the cause of substantial malabsorption issues. Some people with vitamin D malabsorption issues are only able to absorb a tiny percentage of even the most potent D3 supplements. For these populations, one viable solution may be the intake of even larger quantities of supplemental vitamin D.2
No other supplement on the market offers as large of a dose as Ortho Molecular Products Vitamin D3 50,000 IU. Due to the sheer intensity of the dose, it is highly recommended that you consult your healthcare practitioner before consumption. Ortho-Molecular stands by the safety and efficacy of their entire line of products, but, as with any dietary supplement, Vitamin D3 50,000 should always be taken with care.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.