- Features inositol and tyrosine – both essential components in thyroid hormone production.
- Contains antioxidants like curcumin, vitamins C and E, and N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC).
- The thyroid gland plays a role in basal metabolic rate, certain aspects of cardiovascular health, and developmental growth in young people.
- Quality formula is free of allergens derived from gluten, artificial colors and flavors.
- 120 capsules per container.
Breaking Down the Contents of Ortho Molecular Products Thyrotain
Glands are organs, usually small in size, which are responsible for secreting critically important chemicals known as hormones. Together, glands and hormones represent some of the most important facets of a healthy human body.
That brings us to the thyroid – a butterfly shaped gland located in the front of the neck. As with any gland, the best way to evaluate its effects on the body is to analyze its hormonal secretions. Thankfully, the thyroid only secretes three different types of hormones. These are two ‘thyroid hormones’ known as thyroxine and triiodothyronine (T4 and T3 respectively), as well as a peptide hormone known as calcitonin.
Thyroid hormones play a role in countless physiological processes. These include support for the basal metabolic rate, certain aspects of cardiovascular health like increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat, and developmental growth in young people. Meanwhile, calcitonin is heavily involved in calcium metabolism and bone density.
Both thyroid hormones are made from inositol and tyrosine.1 Therefore, it is logical that any nutritional thyroid support regimen should include ample doses of inositol and tyrosine. Ortho Molecular Product Thyrotain contains both of these important micronutrients.
In addition, Thyrotain also contains a number of antioxidant compounds like curcumin, vitamins C and E, and N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC). This is equally important as inositol and tyrosine content, because antioxidants are needed to counter free radicals which would otherwise compromise healthy T4 to T3 conversion.2 Thanks to all of these factors, and the careful attention to detail paid by Ortho-Molecular, Thyrotain is one of the finest thyroid support supplements on the market.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.