- Contains a wide variety of digestive enzymes including bromelain, ox bile, betaine hydrochloride USP, pepsin, papain, and pancreatin.
- Doses are balanced for maximum safety and efficacy.
- Designed for comprehensive digestive and gastrointestinal support.
- Pairs well with Ortho Biotic.
- Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- 90 servings per container.
The Benefits of a Complete Digestive Enzyme Supplement
Digestive enzyme supplements are a relatively modern invention. Humans have long been aware of the presence of certain enzymes in the digestive tract which help the body to breakdown food into usable nutrients. However, there is still much to be learned about the effects of digestive enzyme supplementation. Areas of ongoing interest and investigation include digestive enzyme sources, dosages, and comparison between the effects of various types of digestive enzymes.
While there is still much to be uncovered about digestive enzyme supplements, the gastrointestinal results have generally been very positive thus far. One review of relevant scientific literature describes that “Currently, the animal-derived enzymes represent an established standard of care, however the growing study of plant-based and microbe-derived enzymes offers great promise in the advancement of digestive enzyme therapy.” In addition, the same study states “the combination of different enzymes might constitute an intriguing therapeutic option in the future.”1
In order to align with the current state of scientific research, Ortho Molecular Products Ortho Digestzyme has been crafted with multiple varieties of digestive enzymes derived primarily from animal products.
While it is common for other supplement brands to offer only the most basic enzyme ingredients (such as protease, lipase, and amylase), Ortho Digestzyme contains bromelain, ox bile, betaine hydrochloride USP, pepsin, papain, and pancreatin which is a rich source of protease, lipase, and amylase. This selection is more likely to provide support for the gastrointestinal system due primarily to the sheer variety of potential effects. Additionally, the dosage for each component has been carefully balanced to provide maximum safety and efficacy. All of these factors put Ortho-Molecular Products Ortho Digestzyme a cut above the rest.
Caution: This product contains a desiccant. For best results, keep the desiccant in the bottle until all contents are consumed. DO NOT EAT DESICCANT.
- Cease taking this product and consult your physician if you have negative reactions upon ingestion.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.