- Features potent doses of Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (SGS), L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and more!
- May aid in everything from cardiovascular health to cognitive function.
- Most ingredients are also powerful antioxidants and free radical scavengers.
- Gluten free, no artificial sweeteners and colors, and vegetarian-friendly.
The Best Ingredients for Mitochondrial Support
Ortho Molecular Products Mitocore contains a blend of nutrients which have been carefully selected for their potential to support mitochondrial health. Due to the foundational nature of mitochondria within the human body, many such nutrients exists. Ortho-Molecular has gone to great lengths to utilize only the most important ingredients which are backed by scientific literature for their varied mitochondrial support properties. Here are just a few of the most prominent:
Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (SGS) – This unique chemical compound is found exclusively in broccoli. It is a relatively recent discovery which may account for the extraordinary nutritional properties of broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables.
Studies on sulforaphane have in large part been focused on its effects on mitochondria bioenergetics. One such study has found that sulforaphane may be helpful in the prevention of cholesterol-induce mitochondrial bioenergetic dysfunctions, as well as oxidative stress and inflammation.1
L-Carnitine – As an amino acid, L-carnitine is involved in numerous bodily systems and functions. Therefore, it should be no surprise that it may greatly impact the health of mitochondria. In particular, research on animal models have indicated that L-carnitine may be particularly supportive of mitochondrial health in brain cells.2
Alpha Lipoic Acid – This natural antioxidant is actually produced within the mitochondria of our bodies. As such, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is perfectly situated for mitochondrial health support. Decreased ALA levels may be a sign-of and contributor-to mitochondrial dysfunction. One study found that the administration of ALA may be used to support the health of these organelles, as well as cognitive function.3
Note: Mitocore is formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors and flavors. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product. As with all dietary supplements, some individuals may not tolerate or may be allergic to the ingredients used. Please read the ingredient panel carefully prior to ingestion. Cease taking this product and consult your physician if you have negative reactions upon ingestion.
Caution: This product contains a desiccant. For best results, keep the desiccant in the bottle until all contents are consumed. DO NOT EAT DESICCANT.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.