- 5,000 mcg of Vitamin B12 and 1,000 mcg of Folate per serving.
- May aid in red blood cell formation, neurological function, and DNA synthesis.
- Designed to support health energy and focus levels in those with a B12 deficiency.
- An ideal choice of supplement for vegans and vegetarians.
- Bilberry fruit extract naturally enhances flavor.
- 60 tablets = 60 servings per containers.
When to Reach for Vitamin B12 Supplementation
Vitamin B12 is sometimes known as the ‘energy vitamin’. This is probably a result of its role in proper red blood cell formation, neurological function, and DNA synthesis1 – all factors in one’s perceived energy and focus levels throughout the day. However, it is incorrect to assume that increased vitamin B12 consumption inevitably leads to more energy. Instead, most studies seem to indicate that vitamin B12 supplementation only leads to improved energy and focus in recipients with a B12 deficiency.2
That being said, vitamin B12 deficiencies are particularly common for a number of reasons. Perhaps the most significant reason is that the vast majority of B12 food sources are meat products with some of the only vegetarian options being dairy products like yogurt and milk. This makes B12 acquisition notably more difficult for vegetarians, and almost impossible for vegans without the use of supplements.
While vitamin B12 supplements come highly recommended for vegans, vegetarians, or others with a known B12 deficiency, it is important not to settle for just any generic capsules. Instead, it is important to find a supplement which uses vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin. This methylated form is widely considered to be the most bioactive in the human body.1
Ortho Molecular Products Methyl B12 not only features methylcobalamin, it also contains folate in the form of Quatrefolic® 5-MTHF. Folate (sometimes known as vitamin B9) and vitamin B12 are inextricably linked via the methylation process. As such, some studies have indicated that B12 deficiencies might contribute to folate deficiencies, and vice versa.3 Ortho-Molecular has utilized these scientific finding to craft this one of a kind dietary supplement.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.