- A comprehensive blend of B-complex vitamins in their most effective dosages.
- Also features choline and inositol.
- Designed for nutritional support of healthy methylation and homocysteine balance.
- May aid in long-term cardiovascular and neurological health.
- Does not contain gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- 60 natural vegetable capsules per container.
The Body’s Need for B-Complex Vitamins
Methylation, homocysteine, and B-complex vitamins are all directly linked within the human body. What’s more, they all play a significant role in the health of our two most important organs: the brain and the heart.
In a nutshell, methylation is a process by which methyl groups are added to certain DNA molecules. This is an essential facet of gene regulation and development. If it sounds extremely complicated, that’s because it is. However, you don’t need a PhD in biochemistry to understand that methylation is absolutely fundamental to human health.
Numerous studies and scientific reviews enumerate the role that B-complex vitamins play in DNA methylation. They achieve this by way of their roles as cofactors in enzymatic reactions which are integral to the methylation process.1 In addition, and perhaps even more importantly, B vitamins also play a significant role in the balancing of homocysteine levels.
Homocysteine is an amino acid which is commonly found in the bloodstream. It is released as a byproduct of methylation. The body innately uses B-complex vitamins in metabolic processes which breakdown homocysteine and regulate blood homocysteine levels. However, nutrient deficiencies and other complications can offset this natural balance. This is a severe issue because elevated homocysteine levels are associated with a number of cardiovascular and neurological health concerns.2
B6, B12, and folic acid are thought to be the most effective B-complex vitamins for homocysteine regulation.3,4 That’s why all three are contained in Ortho Molecular Products Methyl B Complex in addition to choline, inositol, and a full profile of every B vitamin the body might need. If you’ve been concerned about a B-complex vitamin deficiency, then Ortho-Molecular has you covered with this one of a kind supplement formulation.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.