- Features 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) alongside 10 mcg of K2 (Menaquinone-7) per serving.
- MenaQ7®PRO is a patented form of K2 which is backed by extensive research.
- Approximately 70% of the western population is deficient in vitamin K2.
- Designed for advanced bone and cardiovascular health support.
- May also benefit calcium absorption.
- Free of wheat, gluten, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
- Approximately 590 servings per container – an awesome value!
Understanding the Popularity of Vitamin D
By now, most people are aware of the fact that vitamin D is one of the most important nutrients for the development and fortification of healthy bones. This is largely due to the role that vitamin D plays in calcium absorption and homeostasis.1
Thankfully, many more are also becoming aware that vitamin D debatably has a more important role to play in supporting the cardiovascular system. The heart health benefits of vitamin D typically revolve around supporting healthy blood pressure already within a standard range, as well as how the body processes calcium.2
Given this information, it’s not surprising that vitamin D, particularly in its most biologically active form of D3 (cholecalciferol), is one of the most popular supplement ingredients on the market. However, those with malabsorption issues or other complications with bodily vitamin D levels may be in need of methods which further enhance the bioavailability of this powerful nutrient.
Vitamin D & Vitamin K: Behind the Synergy
One popular method for enhancing vitamin D bioavailability is to combine vitamin D3 with vitamin K2. In fact, this is steadily becoming the most widely-used synergistic ingredient combination in the nutritional world. Ortho-Molecular is no exception to the spread of this popular nutritional combo.
While many supplement brands advertise the power of this combination, they often fail to clarify why it works. This leaves many people wondering: what is the actual evidence for the efficacy of this synergistic relationship? As one review of the clinical research states “Vitamin D promotes the production of vitamin K-dependent proteins, which require vitamin K for carboxylation in order to function properly”. Also, “Current evidence supports the notion that joint supplementation of vitamins D and K might be more effective than the consumption of either alone for bone and cardiovascular health.”3 However, this is only a drop in the well of scientific research which has been conducted on this subject.
All of the evidence points to the idea that vitamin D and vitamin K are better taken together than alone. It’s finally time to drop those generic vitamin D3 capsules and reach for Ortho Molecular Products Liquid Vitamin D3 and K2!
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.