- Based in a highly potent 180 mcg dose of MenaQ7® PRO vitamin K2.
- Also contains vitamin D3 for its synergistic calcium metabolism support properties.
- May provide benefits for bone density and the cardiovascular system.
- Similar to Ortho Molecular Products Vitamin K2 with D3, but with a larger dose of vitamin K.
- Formulated to be free of allergens derived from: Gluten, yeast, artificial colors, and flavors.
- 60 servings in every bottle.
A Closer Look at Vitamin K
More so than any other micronutrient, vitamin K tends to fly under the radar. Many people assume that this is because vitamin K isn’t as important as its lettered counterparts like vitamin C and vitamin D. However, this is not quite the case.
Vitamin K actually represents a family of compounds which share in a 2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone chemical structure. The two most common forms of vitamin K are hylloquinone (vitamin K1) and various menaquinones (vitamin K2). Menaquinones are produced organically by probiotic bacteria in the gut. For this reason, vitamin K2 is generally regarded as the most bioavailable form for supplementation.
Within the body, Vitamin K functions as a coenzyme in the synthesis of proteins involved in blood flow and bone metabolism, as well as many other diverse physiological functions.1 While vitamin K deficiencies are rare in adults, they are actually rather common for newborn children, and can occur from malabsorption issues or systemically poor dietary choices. In these cases, supplementation is considered a viable means of balancing bodily vitamin K concentrations.
Ortho Molecular Products K-Force features a particularly high dose (180 mcg) of vitamin K2 in the form of MenaQ7® PRO. It also contains 5000 IU of vitamin D3 due to the synergistic relationship which exists between these two nutrients. This is due to in part to the role that vitamin D plays in the production of vitamin K-dependent proteins, as well as the role that both nutrients have in calcium metabolism. Together, this duo is known for its exceptional bone density and cardiovascular support properties.2 By harnessing this synergy, Ortho-Molecular is pleased to offer the most potent vitamin K supplement available anywhere.
Caution: All forms of Vitamin K may interact with blood thinning medications. If you are taking such medicines please consult with your physician before taking this product.
- Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult your physician for further information.
- As with all dietary supplements, some individuals may not tolerate or may be allergic to the ingredients used. Please read the ingredient panel carefully prior to ingestion.
- Cease taking this product and consult your physician if you have negative reactions upon ingestion.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease