- 25 mg is generally regarded as a moderate dose of DHEA.
- Ortho Molecular Products DHEA is naturally derived from wild yam.
- May provide support for multiple bodily systems and functions, particularly those which tend to decline with advanced age.
- Formulated to be free from: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- 90 servings per container – an amazing value!
A Better Understanding of DHEA Supplementation
Produced primarily in the adrenal gland, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is the most widely circulated steroid hormone in the human body. As such, DHEA has an impact on everything from healthy immune response via enhanced monocytes, T cell, and NK cell production, to skin firmness via increased procollagen/sebum production, and even bone density support! DHEA also plays a role in the production of other important hormones like estrogen and testosterone.1
Given all of these important benefits, and the marked decline in DHEA levels that tends to come with old age,2 it’s no surprise that DHEA supplements are often taken for anti-aging support. While some studies have shown some validity to this application of DHEA, it is important not to think of these supplements as some kind of miracle cure for aging. Obviously, no such substance exists or else everyone in the world would be taking DHEA every day!
Rather, DHEA supplements are best used as a counter to provably declining DHEA levels in individuals of all ages. Such a deficiency can easily be identified via testing with a certified healthcare practitioner, at which point quality supplements like Ortho Molecular Products DHEA 25mg are commonly recommended. This is because Ortho-Molecular extracts their DHEA exclusively from natural products like wild yam.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.