- Features type I Collagen and Mucopolysaccharides as TendoActive®, and Collagen Hydrolysate in the form of FORTIGEL®.
- Vitamin C and magnesium may serves as useful cofactors in collagen formation.
- Hyaluronic acid is a popular skin care solutions.
- May aid in skin firmness and the elimination of joint pain.
- Free of allergens derived from gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- 30 servings of powder per container.
What is Collagen & Why Does it Matter?
While most people are familiar with collagen for its use in cosmetic products, it is capable of much more than just supporting firm skin and other aspects of physical beauty. In fact, if our bodies suddenly ran out of collagen, we would simply crumple to the ground!
As the main structural protein in fibrous connective tissues like tendons and ligaments, collagen is fundamental to the composition of the human body. This means that collagen supplementation can be useful for many different purposes, both cosmetic and otherwise.
The Potential Benefits of Collagen Supplementation
First off, let’s take a closer look at the most common use for collagen supplementation: skin firming. Firm, youthful skin is rich in collagen. This helps to give skin its elasticity. The wrinkling and sagging that comes with old age tends to be a result of changes in the dermal extracellular matrix, especially a decrease in collagen I content and the fragmentation of collagen fibrils.1 Thankfully, some studies have shown that the consumption of collagen peptides, antioxidants like vitamin C, and dietary minerals like magnesium have the potential to support healthy collagen production and lasting skin firmness.2,3,4
The next primary use of collagen is for supporting joint health. This is because it is a primary component in cartilage tissues which help cushion the joints. If cartilage becomes worn down, joint pain will typically ensue. To put this theory to the test, one study monitored the effects of collagen supplements on individuals who are particularly at risk of joint pain due to athletic activity. The study showed that 24 weeks of collagen supplementation did in fact help these athletes find relief from pain.5
Ortho Molecular Products CollaGEN is one of the first and only complete collagen supplements. It contains multiple types of collages, including Type I Collagen and Mucopolysaccharides as TendoActive®, as well as Collagen Hydrolysate in the form of FORTIGEL®. This premium supplement from Ortho-Molecular also features vitamin C, magnesium, and Hyaluronic Acid Extract as Mobilee®.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.