- Contains botanical and herbal ingredients like oregano, rosemary, cinnamon, chamomile, ginger, and pau d’arco inner bark extract.
- Also features berberine HCl and biotin.
- Designed to help immune systems within the body to fight candida infections.
- May aid in gastrointestinal health and digestive functions.
- 180 natural vegetable capsules.
Candida & the Gastrointestinal Tract
Never underestimate the importance of gastrointestinal (GI) health. The mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and the anus are a series of interconnected hollow organs which comprise the entirety of the GI tract.1 To give an idea of how large this organ system is, the intestines themselves are roughly 25 feet long in adults!
Though the most important function of the GI tract is the digestion and excretion of food; the implications of digestion are numerous and impact the health of other vitally important organs and organ systems.
As with any complex system, the GI tract is vulnerable to countless malfunctions. One particularly common issue is an infection of candida albicans. Candida albicans is a fungal pathogen which affects both the mouth and the intestines. The most prominent risk factors associated with a candida infection are taking antibiotics, excess alcohol, sugar, or carbohydrate intake, and high stress levels.
When large colonies of candida manifest in the GI system, the primary concern is with inflammation. As with many parasites, candida triggers an inflammatory response within the human body. While this response is natural, and an important facet of the immune system, excess inflammation in the GI tract is capable of causing a number of long and short-term digestive complications.2
Natural Anti-Fungal Ingredients
The best way to nutritionally protect the body from a candida infection is to find botanicals and other ingredients which have been shown in scientific studies to combat candida, either directly or indirectly, through support of natural bodily mechanisms. Ortho Molecular Products Candicid Forte contains a potent blend of numerous ingredients which fit this description and Ortho-Molecular’s high standards of quality. Here are just a few:
Oregano – A popular cooking herb, and one of the most notorious natural antimicrobial agents, oregano has undergone rigorous clinical testing to uncover the exact limits of its cleansing potential. One particular study showed that oregano oil displayed anti-fungal activity against candida both in vitro and in vivo.3
Rosemary – Another botanical ingredient which is commonly used in the kitchen, rosemary has also been shown to be useful in counteracting bacterial, fungal, and drug-resistant infections.4
Berberine HCl – Unlike oregano and rosemary, berberine HCl is not a botanical ingredient. Rather, it is an alkaloid which has been shown in one in vitro study to reduce the viability of biofilms formed by fluconazole-resistant candida tropicalis cells.5
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.