- Micronutrient blend features B complex vitamins, antioxidants, and niacin.
- Adaptogenic botanical blend contains potent doses of rhodiola, ashwagandha, licorice root, and more!
- A comprehensive HPA axis support supplement.
- Designed to aid in balanced DHEA and cortisol levels.
- Free of gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
- 30 servings per container.
How Nutrition Affects the HPA Axis & Healthy Stress Response
Stress, as it relates to human health, can be a tricky subject. Often times, people take too limited of a view on stress, assuming that it only pertains to feelings of anxiety during particularly hectic times in our day-to-day lives. While this is a valid classification of one form of stress, there are many other forms of stress which can manifest themselves on a daily basis. Some common stressors include extreme temperatures (hot or cold), sleep deprivation, physical trauma, and exposure to toxic pathogens.
Essentially, stress can be defined as any condition which triggers a response from the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. The HPA axis is a series of glands whose secretions include hormones like DHEA and cortisol. Both hormones are used as key indicators of stress levels. It’s important to make sure the HPA axis and its secretions are in a balanced state, as excessive or otherwise imbalanced stress hormone concentrations can be harmful to the body.1
When people talk about the physical harm that prolonged stress response can cause, they are usually referring to the potential of an imbalanced HPA axis. While it can be difficult to eliminate the presence of stressors in daily life, it’s important to take every possible measure to negate the harmful effects of these stressors. One viable way to achieve this is to make changes in one’s dietary intake.
Certain nutrients and herbal extracts may be able to support the health and balance of the HPA axis. Ortho Molecular Products Adapten-All combines adaptogenic botanical extracts with micronutrients which are known to have a tangible effect on stress response. Adaptogenic herbs like rhodiola, ashwagandha, and licorice root have been given their title for containing compounds (conveniently known as ‘adaptogens’) which may help the body adapt to stress.2 Meanwhile, common micronutrients like B complex vitamins have shown positive results in studies for helping people to manage occupational stress. Ortho-Molecular has ensured that their unique Adapten-All formula contains the necessary doses of all of these amazing ingredients, and more!
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.