- Each tablet contains 5 mg of iodine and 7.5 mg of iodide as potassium salt.
- An ideal formulation for those with an iodine deficiency or other thyroid health complication.
- Potassium iodide plays a supportive role in thyroid hormone production and protecting the thyroid from oxidative damage.1
- To prevent gastric irritation, the iodine/iodide preparation is absorbed into a patented colloidal silica excipient.
- Tablets are coated with a thin film of pharmaceutical glaze for flavor.
- 90 single tablet servings per container.
Optimox Iodoral IOD 12.5 and a Brief History of Iodine Supplementation
Lugol’s solution (or Lugol’s Iodine) is one of the earliest and most successful dietary mineral formulations ever created. Developed by French physician Jean Guillaume August Lugol in 1829, Lugol’s solution was originally used as a treatment for tuberculosis. Post-tuberculosis, it has maintained its usefulness as a nutritional means of supporting thyroid health and countering iodine deficiencies.
Optimox Iodoral IOD 12.5 is not Lugol’s solutions, but it does share some key characteristics and uses. Most importantly, Lugol’s solution traditionally consists of 5% elemental iodine and 10% potassium iodide in distilled water.2 Iodoral consists of a similar iodine/iodide ratio, but rather than placing these ingredients in a messy and inconvenient liquid formulation, Iodoral comes in tablets which are versatile and equally potent.
Optimox Iodoral IOD 12.5 is intended for use in those who have a proven iodine deficiency or other thyroid health complications. Because excessive concentrations of iodine can be harmful to short-term and long-term health, it is highly recommended that you take Optimox Iodoral IOD 12.5 with great care, and preferably under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner. This Iodoral IOD 12.5 formulation is a comparatively small dose, but it can still lead to iodine and thyroid health complications if taken irresponsibly.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry and dark place. Variations in product color may occur.
Caution: Ingestion of iodine and/or iodide has been associated with certain complaints. If you experience any of the following, stop ingesting Iodoral® and contact your physician:
- Acne-like skin lesions in certain areas of your body
- Headache in the frontal sinus
- Unpleasant brassy taste
- Increased salivation and sneezing
- If you experience any unusual symptom since starting on Iodoral®, contact your physician.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.