Omegagenics EPA-DHA 2400 features a blend of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly marine oil derived EPA and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to human health, but cannot be naturally produced in the body. It is very common to be deficient in these essential nutrients. Such a deficiency is thought to be a factor in a number of heart and brain health concerns.
- Contains an Omega-3 fatty acid blend from sustainably sourced, cold-water fish
- Features additional doses of marine oil based EPA and DHA for those who lack seafood in their diets
- Provides nutritional support for heart and brain health
- Potent liquid formulation with an all-natural lemon flavor
The Nutritional Role of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are among the most recognizable and highly valued of all the essential fatty acids – compounds which are essential to human health, but cannot be naturally produced in the body like so many other nutrients. Omega-3 fatty acids are considered by many nutritional experts to be supportive of a healthy cardiovascular system, and are found in particularly high concentrations in the brain where they are thought to support various aspects of cognitive function.
Because these exceptionally useful nutrients cannot be produced within the body, they must be consumed from external sources, and the threat of developing a deficiency is much higher than it would be for nutrients which are produced internally. Signs of an Omega-3 deficiency include a lack of energy, head fog, dry skin, poor circulation, and other heart health concerns.
Health complications can also arise from having an imbalance between Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in one’s diet. Omega-6’s are found in butter, olive oil, and many other types of oil. Thus, they tend to be much more common in the average American diet when compared to Omega-3’s which are found primarily in seafood. For those who avoid seafood in their diets, Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation may be especially important.
|Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (as TG)||2,800 mg|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid triglyceride)||1,410 mg|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid triglyceride)||990 mg|
|Other Omega-3 Fatty Acid Triglycerides||400 mg|
|Ingredients: Fish (anchovy, sardine, and mackerel) oil concentrate, natural lemon flavor, mixed tocopherols (antioxidant), rosemary extract, and ascorbyl palmitate (antioxidant). Contains: Fish (anchovy, sardine, and mackerel).|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one teaspoon once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
- Refrigerate after opening and use within 90 days
- This product is non-GMO and gluten free
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.