Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil brings you a pure, natural, and refined means of supporting healthy Omega-3 and Omega-9 Fatty Acid levels in the body. Also provides Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E. May nutritionally support cardiovascular health, cognitive function, anti-inflammatory activity, and more.
- Provides 1260 mg of Omega-3s in the form of DHA and EPA and 600 mg of Omega-9s in the form of Oleic Acid.
- Also features naturally occuring Vitamin A and Vitamin D.
- Antioxidants like Vitamin E are added to support bodily health, maintain freshness, and improve flavor.
- All cod are sourced from the clean and pure waters of Norway.
- Free from heavy metals, dioxins, and PCBs.
- Every batch is third party tested to guarantee exceptional freshness and purity levels.
- Orange oil greatly improves upon the fishy flavor of this natural product.
The Benefits of Cod Liver Oil and Omega Fatty Acids
Cod Liver oil is one of the oldest supplement ingredients which is still commonly used and recommended today. The reasons for this are many, all revolving around the exceptional nutrient content and density of cod livers.
While they may not have the most desirable flavor or texture, cod livers are exceptionally high in some of the most important nutrients you can find anywhere. These include Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and most importantly, Omega Fatty Acids, particularly Omega-3s and Omega-9s.
Essential Fatty Acids are any variety of dietary fats which the body is incapable of producing on its own. These fats must therefore be obtained from foods and supplements. Omega Fatty Acids are perhaps the most essential of these fats, and are most commonly found in seafood. Once ingested, they play a supportive role in cardiovascular health, cholesterol levels already within a normal range, brain health and cognitive function, and anti-inflammatory activity.
It has long been known that cod livers are not only a great Omega source, but are also high in other important nutrients. As such, they have long been coveted for nutritional health support purposes. However, acquiring and consuming actual cod livers can be a challenging and unpleasant affair. As far back as the industrial revolution, companies and individuals have engaged in the extraction of oil which carriers the bulk of the cod liver’s nutrient content in a more convenient and potent form. This tradition continues today, and extraction techniques have been refined to bring consumers the richest and purest possible cod liver oil supplements which provide exceptional nutrient content without the overwhelming fishy flavor.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon
Servings Per Container: 96
Amount Per Serving
Calories from fat
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
Oleic Acid (Omega-9)
Other Ingredients: Purified Arctic Cod Liver oil, d-alpha tocopherol, 100% natural orange oil, rosemary extract
Dosage and Use:
- One teaspoon daily, or as directed by your health care professional or pharmacist.
- Consult physician about consumption method for children 8 months and under.
- Best if used within 3 months after opening.
Note: Refrigerate after opening.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.