PGX® is a completely unique blend of highly purified soluble fibers processed using advanced proprietary technology. Compared to other soluble fibers, significantly less PGX is required to obtain the same important health benefits including glucose balance, appetite control and reduced food cravings.
PGX® Proprietary Blend contains glucomannan, a soluble and fermentable fiber derived from the root of the konjac plant (Amorphophallus konjac), that is differentiated from other soluble fibers by its extraordinarily high viscosity. As this water-soluble fiber travels through the digestive tract, it forms a highly viscous, gel-like mass that can promote feelings of fullness, support colon ecology,81,82 promote normal bowel function,81,82 help maintain healthy body weight83-86 and beneficially affect blood lipid86-89 and glucose levels in those already within normal range.90-92
A meta-analysis of 14 studies discovered the ingredients in Natural Factors WellBetX PGX Soluble Fiber Blend significantly lowered total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, body weight, and fasting blood glucose.1-4 Studies additionally revealed an increased satiety and fecal energy loss3 with no adverse reactions reported.2
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving
Highly purified fiber complex manufactured using the proprietary EnviroSimplex process: Konjac-mannan (Amorphophallus konjac) (root) Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum
Mulbery (Morus alba), powdered extract (leaf)
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (modified cellulose, purified water, silica), magnesium stearate (vegetable grade), rice powder.
Dosage and Use:
- 2-4 capsules taken with 8-16 fl. oz. of water, 5 to 10 minutes before meals or as directed by a health professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Effect of glucomannan on plasma lipid and glucose concentrations, body weight, and blood pressure: systematic review and meta-analysis.
2. Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study.
3. Glucomannan and obesity: a critical review.
4. Effect of mulberry (Morus indica L.) therapy on plasma and erythrocyte membrane lipids in patients with type 2 diabetes.
81. Nutrition. 2006 Nov-Dec;22(11-12):1112-9.
82. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008 Feb;27(1):102-8.
83. Altern Ther Health Med. 2005;11(6):30-4.
84. Altern Med Rev. 2010 Apr;15(1):68-75.
85. Nutr Hosp. 2004 Jan-Feb;19(1):45-50.
86. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Oct;88(4):1167-75.
87. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2005 Jun;15(3):174-80.
88. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;60(4):529-37.
89. J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Feb;22(1):36-42.
90. Diabetes Care. 2000 Jan;23(1):9-14.
91. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009 Feb;83(2):e40-2.
92. J Med Assoc Thai. 2007 Oct;90(10):2150-7.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.