- Each capsule contains 50 mg of quality potassium iodine.
- Also features a number of vitamins and minerals with essential antioxidant protection properties.
- A multifaceted approach to nutritional thyroid support.
- This product is non-GMO and gluten-free.
- 90 capsule servings per container.
The Functions & Benefits of a Healthy Thyroid
Before we get into the best nutritional methods of thyroid support, let’s get a better understanding of the thyroid itself:
The thyroid is gland which can be found in the neck. Like any gland, the thyroid gland’s primary role is to secret chemical compounds. Said compounds can take on many different forms and functions. The bottom line is that the body depends upon countless glandular secretions in order to operate healthily.
So what does the thyroid secrete? While you may not have heard of them, the thyroid secretes three hormones (triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) and the peptide hormone calcitonin) which are essential to human health and development. They heavily impact the cardiovascular system by way of breath and heartbeat moderation, they aid in metabolism by stimulating appetite and nutrient absorption, and they increase growth rate and brain development in young people.1
So that explains the need for proper thyroid nourishment, but still leaves the question of how best to accomplish it.
The Best Ingredients for Thyroid Health
The primary thyroid support nutrient is undoubtedly iodine. Given that all three thyroid hormones are made almost entirely of iodine, it is not surprising that any level of iodine deficiency can have serious ramification on the health and function of the thyroid gland.2
As you’ve probably guessed, Metagenics Thyrosol contains a potent dose of high quality supplemental iodine in the form of potassium iodine. However, the good people at Metagenics didn’t stop there. That’s why Thyrosol is also chocked full of vitamins and minerals with powerful antioxidant properties. The contents of this one-of-a-kind nutrient blend have been carefully selected for their distinct potential to protect and support thyroid health.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.