Metagenics SuperGarlic 6000® is a highly concentrated garlic supplement which contains up to 6000 mcg of allicin per tablet. These convenient tablets dissolve in the intestines to allow you all the antimicrobial and antioxidant benefits of fresh, raw garlic without the nasty garlic breath. Garlic helps to support cardiovascular and immune system health.
- 600 mg of raw garlic concentrate containing 6000 mcg of allicin
- Allicin has been extensively studied for antimicrobial and antioxidant activity
- May support cardiovascular and immune system health
- Tablet supplement features a special enteric coating designed to dissolve in the intestine – not the mouth or stomach – to help prevent garlic breath
The Many Health Benefits of Allicin
Allicin is an organic compound found exclusively in freshly crushed garlic. In fact, it is now thought that allicin may be the component which has made garlic a fixture in natural healing practices across many of the world’s most ancient cultures. Allicin has been studied extensively as of late due to its potential antimicrobial properties. One particular study seems to indicate that allicin in its purified form is capable of supporting antibacterial activity against Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria, as well as antifungal activity against Candida albicans. Allicin is also thought to support antiviral and antiparasitic activity.1
Perhaps the most important nutritional features of Allicin are its antioxidant properties. Allicin helps to the body to resist the presence of free radicals and the oxidative stress caused by these free radicals. It also supports the production of the body’s most important antioxidant compounds, glutathione. Increased antioxidant activity in the body is especially beneficial to the cardiovascular system because oxidative stress hampers blood flow and causes other heart health complications.2
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet |
Servings Per Container: 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Raw Garlic Concentrate† (Allium Sativum)||600 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid (vegetable), silica, and enteric coating (cellulose acetate phthalate, glycerol triacetate, ammonium hydroxide, hypromellose, maltodextrin, and polyethylene glycol).|
†SuperGarlic 6000® yields 6000 mcg allicin per tablet confirmed by HPLC (high pressure liquid chromatography).
Dosage and Use:
- Take one tablet daily or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- Designed to be swallowed, not chewed. Chewing tablets will result in a pungent flavor and odor in the mouth.
- This product is non-GMO, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Allicin Antimicrobial
2. Allicin Antioxidant and Cardiovascular
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.