Selestro is an easy-to-use formula that features clinically effective levels of both soy isoflavones and black cohosh – two highly valued plant ingredients with a long history of safe use and current use in modern gynecological practice
- Provides support against menopausal symptoms such as:
- Hot flushes/night sweats
- Occasional sleep disturbances
- Mild mood swings
- Occasional irritability
- Short menstrual cycles
- Provides natural selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) in the form of a full spectrum of soy isoflavones.
- Soy and black cohosh phytonutrients support hormonal balance by modulating estrogen and the endocrine system.
- Provides the species of black cohosh (Actaea racemosa*) shown to be safe and effective in clinical studies.
- The formula may support healthy blood lipid levels through its influence on estrogen receptors and its antioxidant properties.
The Effects of Soy and Black Cohosh on Hormones
Soy is commonly used to support the body against symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats. Soy contains high levels of isoflavones which are forms of phytoestrogens. These phytoestrogens act like estrogen in the body. As such, soy supports properly balanced hormone levels which works against the symptoms of menopause.
The root of the Black Cohosh plant has long been used to help the body fight against the symptoms of menopause. It does this by containing high levels of phytochemicals which effect the endocrine system. Endocrine glands throughout the body are responsible for secreting hormones into the bloodstream. Better support of the endocrine system is necessary for better hormonal balance during menopause.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Soybean Concentrate (Derived from non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soybeans.)
Total Isoflavones (containing all forms of genistin, daidzin, and glycitin)
Black Cohosh (Actaea racemosa (Also known as Cimicifuga racemosa)) Root & Rhizome Extract [standardized to 2.5% (2 mg) total triterpene glycosides expressed as 27-deoxyactein]
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, soy isoflavones (soy), black cohosh extract, stearic acid (vegetable), cellulose, silica, sodium starch glycolate, and coating (hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides , and hydroxypropylcellulose). Contains: soy.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one tablet one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Consult your healthcare practitioner before use if you are taking medication or have a liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver trouble.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing
- If taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Oral administration of Cimicifuga racemosa extract attenuates psychological and physiological stress responses.
2. Efficacy of black cohosh-containing preparations on menopausal symptoms: a meta-analysis
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.