- Each softgel provides Marine Lipid Concentrate equivalent to 750 mg DHA and 250 mg EPA.
- Designed primarily for neurological health support.
- May also provide benefits for cardiovascular health and eyesight.
- All OmegaGenics formulas are tested for purity and stabilized with antioxidants to maintain freshness.
- This product is non-GMO and gluten-free.
- 60 single-softgel servings per container.
Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids & Cognitive Function
Fish is one of the most widely touted ‘brain foods’ out there. Oily, cold-water fish like mackerel, salmon, and sardines are generally considered to be the most effective for their brain health support properties, frequently topping out lists of the best brain foods money can buy. This is primarily due to their exceptionally high omega-3 fatty acid content.1
Given the general relevance of fats and lipids to human neurobiology, it’s no surprise that the effects of Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation on various cognitive functions has been closely scrutinized by nutritional experts for decades.
Numerous studies have identified a positive relationship between Omega-3 supplementation and cognitive function at all ages. One study on memory and brain activity in young adults showed that EPA and DHA supplementation may be useful for everything from reaction times, to Stroop and Spatial Working Memory tasks.2
On the other hand, a double-blind placebo-controlled proof-of-concept study was conducted on healthy older adults using various tests and metrics of memory performance. The results of Omega-3 supplementation were generally positive in the course of this study, particularly in regards to recall of object location.3
Why Choose OmegaGenics Neuro 1000?
OmegaGenics Neuro 1000 from Metagenics contains 1.3 g of Marine Lipid Concentrate derived from oil-rich fish like sardines, mackerel, and calamari. Given this rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, it’s no surprise that OmegaGenics Neuro 1000 is an ideal choice for nutritional cognitive function support. However, product purity is a particularly important issue when it comes to any fish oil based supplement. That’s why all of the OmegaGenics product line comes backed with the TruQuality® assurance.
Any supplement brand can make big claims about the purity of their products and the rigor of their testing standards, but how many are actually willing to share this information directly with their customers? Metagenics gives visibility to quality testing information for every single one of their top-quality formulas. Click here to see for yourself.
Allergen Warning: This product contains calamari, a mollusk shellfish. Please note that a subset of individuals with crustacean allergies may also react to mollusks.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.