- 1.3 mg of Magtein® (magnesium l-threonate) per two capsule serving.
- Primarily intended to provide support for cognitive function and overall brain health.
- May also aid in certain aspects of cardiovascular health.
- A number of studies have suggested magnesium l-threonate’s superior bioavailability when compared to other forms.
Which is the Best Magnesium Form for You?
Of all the minerals which are commonly found in dietary supplements, none is more prevalent than magnesium. This is due largely in part to research which has indicated its potential for both cardiovascular and neurological support.
While this dietary mineral is a worthy addition to anyone’s daily dietary intake, many supplements fail to include optimal dosages and other quality control measures to ensure maximum potency. What’s more, not all supplemental forms of magnesium are made alike. There’s magnesium glycinate, citrate, oxide, and many other forms.
Standard supplement brands often feature the oxide form as their primary ingredient. While this form is generally considered effective, it may produce insufficient effects, particularly for those who have issues with mineral absorption from their digestive tract. That’s why Metagenics relies on a cutting-edge ingredient known as Magtein®, or magnesium L-Threonate, due to the exceptional results it has shown throughout rigorous clinical trials.
Clinical Research on Magtein
In one trial, scientists compared the ability of organic and inorganic varieties magnesium to raise levels in the brain over 24 hours. The inorganic forms used in the trial were magnesium-chloride and magnesium L-Threonate (Magtein®), while organic magnesium-gluconate from milk was also tested. In this instance, Magtein® had the most significant impact on cerebrospinal fluid concentrations.
Another study sought to evaluate synaptic density in the hippocampus region of the brain after the consumption of Magtein®. The results were extremely positive and seem to further indicate Magtein®’s unique capabilities for brain health support.1
Note: This product is non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Caution: Consult your healthcare practitioner if taking diuretics, antibiotics, or medications for osteoporosis.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.