- 150 mg of BioResponse DIM® and 50 mg of HMR Lignans in every serving.
- Also features a calculated blend of Vitamins, Herbal Extracts, and a Rice Protein Matrix.
- Designed to support healthy estrogen metabolism.
- Non-GMO and gluten-free.
- 30 servings per container.
Breaking Down the New EstroFactors Formula
The newly renovated Metagenics EstroFactors is a complex formulation which contains 12 different nutritional ingredients including vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts, and more. Each of these ingredients provides their own unique and necessary function, but two ingredients in particular are best renowned for their estrogen support properties.* Understanding these two ingredients is key to understanding the value of EstroFactors as a whole:
BioResponse DIM® – Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a chemical compound which can be found almost exclusively in cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and broccoli. Aside from indole-3-carbinol (also known as I3C, a compound with similar food sources and composition), DIM is easily considered the most powerful natural ingredient for supporting estrogen functions in the human body. This entails acting as a substitute for estrogen in certain situations, and conversely, for blocking estrogen in other situations.1*
While this nutritional potential is fairly well-established, the oral bioavailability of standard DIM extractions is up for debate. By some estimations, DIM in its pure, crystalline state is inadequately absorbed by the human body. This is the form most commonly used in generic DIM supplements.
On the other hand, BioResponse DIM® is a novel, microencapsulated formulation of DIM which has shown potential to double the absorption rates of standard DIM according to in-house blood testing on human volunteers.2 Additionally, numerous clinical studies have utilized BioResponse DIM® – more so than any other patented DIM on the market.3
HMR lignans – Lignans are a certain type of polyphenols from plants which may possess antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory support properties. The lignans used in EstroFactors are known as 7-hydroxymatairesinol (HMR/lignan, HMR) and are derived from Norway spruce knots.
In one clinical study, HMR lignan supplementation resulted in a mild estrogenic activity, both directly and by serving as a precursor of the mammalian lignan enterolactone.4 As such, HMR lignans may be one of the most underrated estrogen support ingredients on the supplement market.*
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.