Metagenics Endefen supports the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract by addressing multiple factors that contribute to GI health, particularly the gastric lining and the gastric mucin layer.
- Selectively promotes microflora such as Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus acidophilus to support a balanced and healthy flora.
- Arabinogalactans may support the production of beneficial short-chain fatty acids, an important fuel for intestinal cells.
- Provides key nutrients to enhance GI immune system function.
- Plantain has been shown in a lab setting to support the integrity of the gastric lining.
The Important of a Healthy GI System
The gastrointestinal (GI) system forms the very core of our bodies, therefore it’s logical that a number of common digestive complaints take root in the GI system. The GI tract is a complicated organ system which is easily influenced by exterior factors such as microflora and microbial balance , digestive enzymes, or GI lining integrity. Microflora, or “friendly” bacteria in the GI tract, play an instrumental role in digestion, microbial balance, and immune function. Digestive enzymes function to split proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, making them critical to the digestion of foods and proper nutrient absorption. The GI mucosal lining provides a protective barrier to inhibit the flow of ingested matter to other parts of the body. Addressing the appropriate underlying GI issues not only aids the body in relieving digestive discomforts, it also supports many other aspects of long-term health.
|Serving Size: 1 level tablespoon (7.5 g) |
Servings Per Container: 56
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate |
|5.5 g |
|Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate)||150 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium ascorbate)||17 mg|
|Arabinogalactans (from larch gum)||750 mg|
|Soy Lecithin |
|500 mg |
|Decaffeinated Green Tea (Camellia sinesis) Leaf Extract [standardized to 40% (100 mg) epigallocatechingallate (EGCG)] (Supplies a minimum of 60% (150 mg) total catechins)||125 mg|
|Cinnamon [Cinnamomum burmannii (Nees) and/or Cinnamomum cassia] Bark Powder||350 mg|
|Plantain (Musa paradisiaca) Fruit||1000 mg|
|Apple Fruit Powder||1000 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Rice bran, xylitol, rice syrup solids, and natural flavor. Contains soy.|
Dosage and Use:
- Mix one level tablespoon in two to four ounces of juice or water one to two times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.