- 5 g of Creatine in every serving.
- Also features fellow amino acid, Taurine, as well as the digestive enzyme, Betaine.
- An ideal choice for vegans, vegetarians, or anyone who is concerned with a quality ingredient list.
- May provide aid for muscle formation and certain types of athletic performance.
- This product is non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- 60 servings per container.
Understanding Creatine – Muscle Formation & Athletic Performance
As an amino acid, Creatine is primarily a ‘building block’ of protein, and scientific studies have long-since identified Creatine’s unique role in muscle protein synthesis. A set of experiments from as far back as 1979 concluded that “creatine selectively stimulates the rate of synthesis of the two major contractile proteins, actin and myosin, in cultures of differentiating skeletal muscle.”1
While the integral role that Creatine plays in muscle formation is fairly well established, much less is understood about its immediate impact (or lack thereof) on athletic performance. Experts from the Office for Science and Society at McGill University contend that Creatine’s reputation for supporting athletic activity stems from Mark McGwire’s record-breaking 70 home runs in a single season of MLB play, a feat which McGwire publicly attributed in part to Creatine’s role in his dietary regimen.
These same experts concluded that Creatine may in fact be capable of providing a short-term source of energy for certain types of athletes. In particular, athletes which are required to perform quick bursts of high energy consumption, such as sprinters, swimmers, and home run hitters, are mostly likely to experience a boost in performance from Creatine supplementation.2*
Creatine UP Powder – the Natural Choice
Given its importance in human health, it’s fortunate that Creatine is produced organically in the body, and commonly found in the standard American diet. However, the primary source of Creatine in most people’s diets is from meat products, particularly seafood and red meats.3 Naturally, this leaves vegetarians and vegans at a greater risk of deficiency.
For this reason, Metagenics Creatine UP is one of the few products on the market to offer vegetarian-friendly Creatine powder. It is also free of any artificial colors, sweeteners, fillers, GMOs, and gluten. This makes it the ideal choice for any athletes who avoid red meat and seafood in their daily dietary choices.
Tamper Evident: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Not for use in patients with severe liver, kidney, cardiovascular disease, or bipolar disorder.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.