- 200 mg dosage of CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) per serving.
- Designed for antioxidant and cellular energy support.
- May be particularly beneficial to those of advanced age.
- Softgel base contains oils which may aid in absorption.
- Manufactured according to the highest industry standards.
- 60 softgels per container.
What is CoQ10?
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), like glutathione and superoxide dismutase, is an antioxidant which the body produces organically.
As with any natural antioxidant, having a healthy balance of CoQ10 in the body is essential to the proper function of numerous bodily systems. Thankfully, deficiencies are somewhat rare in young and middle-aged individuals. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are nothing to fear.
In addition to CoQ10 deficiency syndrome, numerous studies have acknowledged a distinct correlation between the aging process and CoQ10 deficiencies.1,2
So why exactly should you be concerned about your CoQ10 levels? What does this compound actually do within the human body?
The Functions & Benefits of CoQ10
When trying to understand the diverse physiological roles of this powerful antioxidant, it is critical to discuss the mitochondria. As any middle school biology student might tell you: “the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell”. But what does this actually mean, in real terms, for your health?
First off, mitochondria are organelles which can be found in every cell of the human body. As such, it is fair to say that they are foundational to the very molecular structure of our organic matter.
The powerhouse metaphor is derived from the role that mitochondria play in energy production. More specifically, they are responsible for the conversion of glucose into chemical compounds which are essential to energy transfer between cells, and thereby to countless physiological systems and processes.
So where does CoQ10 come in? One review of the current scientific literature states “CoQ is a central component in the mitochondrial electron transport chain (ETC) located in the inner mitochondrial membrane where it transports electrons from complexes I and II to complex III to provide energy for proton translocation to the intermembrane space”1
While that may sound complicated, it boils down to this: cells rely on CoQ10 as a necessary part of energy production, conversion, and transfer. That’s why Metagenics CoQ10 ST-200 is the perfect nutritional solution for aiding in these essential processes!
Caution: This product is produced in a facility that produces products containing soy, fish, crustacean shellfish, and tree nuts.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.