- 100 mg of CoQ10 (as ubiquinone) in every single-teaspoon serving.
- Designed primarily to enhance bioavailability when compared to softgels and other generic forms.
- Liquid CoQ10 beta-cyclodextrin formulation may provide 120% improved plasma absorption.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are best known for cardiovascular health support.
- Natural apple flavor is delicious on its own, or mixed with other beverages.
- This product is vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 30 servings per container.
CoQ10 & Cardiovascular Health
Coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ10) is one of, if not the most sought-after antioxidant ingredient on the planet. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Glutathione would also be found at the top of this list, but none of them are nearly as renowned for their cardiovascular health support properties. This is the primary reason for CoQ10’s exceptional popularity.
But that still leaves many questions. Primarily: why is it that, of all the antioxidant compounds out there, CoQ10 is so inextricably linked to the cardiovascular system? It’s certainly true that any form of antioxidant activity is liable to present some possibility for cardio support, but there are certain concrete factors which set CoQ10 apart.
According to David Mantle of the British Journal of Cardiology, CoQ10 exhibits three unique functions which may be the source of its cardiovascular support properties: “(i) its key role in the biochemical process supplying cardiac cells with energy; (ii) its role as a cell membrane protecting antioxidant; (iii) its direct effect on genes involved in inflammation and lipid metabolism.”1
CoQ BioVail – A Breakthrough in CoQ10 Bioavailability
One of the biggest concerns for CoQ10 skeptics is its oral bioavailability. According to a 2014 study this is due to “its lipophilic nature, large molecular weight, regional differences in its gastrointestinal permeability and involvement of multitransporters.”2
While this may sound troubling, researchers have worked diligently to discover the best ways to optimize CoQ10 bioavailability. Interestingly enough, some of the most promising results of this research have highlighted the potential of simple CoQ10 liquid solutions.
More specifically, a randomized 3-period crossover clinical trial was used to compare a 60 mg dose of CoQ10 softgels (arguably the most popular form) to a CoQ10 beta-cyclodextrin liquid form. The results indicated a 120% improvement in plasma CoQ10 levels from liquid delivery over softgels.3
In accordance to this breakthrough research, Metagenics CoQ BioVail is a CoQ10 beta-cyclodextrin liquid formulation, very similar to the one used in the clinical trial. Such a significant bioavailability enhancement may be a gamechanger for those who have failed to see positive effects from CoQ10 supplementation in the past. Try CoQ BioVail today and feel the difference for yourself!
Storage: Best to store below 68°F. Refrigerate after opening. Do not freeze.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.