Metagenics Benesom is formulated to promote a restful, relaxed state and help relieve occasional sleeplessness by beneficially modulating the metabolism of melatonin. Benesom features melatonin, a hormone produced naturally to help regulate the sleep cycle.
- Features melatonin, a hormone naturally produced in the brain that may help regulate sleep, waking, and the body’s circadian rhythm
- Contains a potent blend of herbal extracts to support relaxation
- Features supplemental melatonin, which research suggests is able to cross the blood-brain barrier
Melatonin and a Healthy Sleep Schedule
Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced in the body, but it can also be synthesized into dietary supplements. Natural or synthetic, melatonin’s role in the body is to regulate sleep schedules. Difficulties with sleeping can often be traced back to a deficiency in melatonin. If you’ve had difficulties regulating your sleep schedule, it may be necessary to improve your supplies with synthetic melatonin supplements. Melatonin is also throught to support healthy blood pressure levels already within a natural range.
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calcium (as calcium lactate)||70 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||140 mg|
|Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) Root Extract [standardized to 30% (120 mg) flavones]||400 mg|
|Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata L.) Flower Extract [standardized to 1.6% (3.2 mg) hyperosides]||200 mg|
|Melissa Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis L.) Leaf Extract [standardized to 3% (4.5 mg) rosmarinic acid]||150 mg|
|Valerian (Valeriana officinalis L.) Root Extract [standardized to 0.8% (0.8 mg) valerenic acid]||100 mg|
|Hops (Humulus lupulus L.) Cone 7.5:1 Extract||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), silica, and coating (hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides , and hydroxypropylcellulose).|
|This product is Gluten Free and Vegetarian.|
|Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, soy, dairy products, egg, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take 1-2 tablets approximately 30 minutes prior to sleep or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: For adult use only. Avoid use with history of seizures or depression, if taking benzodiazepines or sedating medications, or if consuming alcohol. If taking medications, including anticoagulants, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Use caution if driving or operating machinery. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid use with history of seizures or depression, if taking benzodiazepine or sedating medication, or if consuming alcohol
- Use caution if driving or operating machinery
- Do not take product for more than two consecutive months unless recommended by your healthcare practitioner
- If taking medications, including anticoagulants, consult your healthcare practitioner before use
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.