- Contains a potent blend of vitamins and antioxidants
- Supports the function of Phase I and II detoxification pathways
- Better detoxification can lead to better energy levels
The Importance of the Phase I and Phase II Pathways
Phase I detoxification consists of oxidation reduction and hydrolysis. Phase one detoxification is catalysed by enzymes known as the cytochrome P450 enzyme group or Mixed Function Oxidase enzymes MFO. These enzymes reside on the membrane system of the liver cells (called Hepatocytes). Simply put, this pathway converts a toxic chemical into a less harmful chemical. This is achieved by various chemical reactions (such as oxidation, reduction and hydrolysis), and during this process free radicals are produced which, if excessive, can damage the liver cells. Antioxidants (such as vitamin C and E and natural carotenoids) support the reduction of damage caused by these free radicals. If antioxidants are lacking and toxin exposure is high, the toxic chemicals in the body will become far more dangerous.
The Phase II is called the conjugation pathway, whereby the liver cells add another substance (eg. cysteine, glycine or a sulphur molecule) to a toxic chemical or drug, to render it less harmful. This makes the toxin or drug water-soluble, so it can then be excreted from the body via watery fluids such as bile or urine.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 63 (21)
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin A – [33% (416.67 IU) as retinyl palmitate and 67% (833.33 IU) as beta-carotene]
Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate and mixed tocopherols)
Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)
Niacin (as niacinamide and niacin)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)
Folate (as L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate and 5-formyl tetrahydrofolate)
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)
Zinc (as zinc citrate)
Selenium (as selenomethionine)
Copper (as copper citrate)
Manganese (as manganese citrate)
Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate)
Silymarin -(from milk thistle seed extract, Silybum marianum)
Decaffeinated Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract [standardized to 60% (33.6 mg) catechins and 40% (22.4 mg) epigallocatechingallate (EGCG)]
Artichoke Leaf Extract (Cynara scolymus) – (containing cynarin and chlorogenic acid)
Watercress Whole Plant 4:1 Extract – (Nasturtium officinale)
Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) Whole Fruit Extract [standardized to 45.8 mg gallic acid equivalent (GAE)]
Other Ingredients: Capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable), and silica
Dosage and Use:
- Two capsules one to three times daily or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Excess Vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.