African Mango has garnered a great deal of attention from nutritionists and other health experts. The water-soluble fiber contained in African Mango seeds is thought to be supportive of digestive health, balanced blood glucose levels, the conversion of LDL cholesterol into bile acid, and the burning of fat. African Mango Pro Irvingia Gabonensis Extract from Life Vitality contains African Mango seed extract of the highest quality.
- 500 mg of quality controlled African Mango seed extract per serving
- Water-soluble fiber may support healthy digestion and the burning of fat
- Support a sustained release of sugar from food into the bloodstream for balance blood glucose levels
- Removes bile acid from the stomach which is thought to be replaced by LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol
An Introduction to African Mango
As the name suggests, African Mango, also known as Irvingia gabonensis, is a type of mango tree which is native only to central Africa. In central Africa, the fruit is consumed as a dietary staple. However, Irvingia gabonensis has gained a lot of attention recently, not for it’s delicious fruit, but rather for the nutritional properties of its seeds.
The seeds of the African Mango tree are remarkable for their high water-soluble dietary fiber content. This water-soluble fiber is the key to understanding the multiple health benefits of African Mango.
Effect on Blood Glucose Levels
The dietary fibers in African Mango seeds are considered bulk-forming laxatives. This means that they slow the progression of food through the stomach, which leads to a more gradual absorption of the dietary sugars contained in said food. A more slow and sustained release of sugar into the bloodstream may be helpful for maintaining healthy blood glucose levels already within a natural range.
Effect on Cholesterol Levels
Similar to other soluble fibers, the seeds of the African Mango are capable of binding and removing bile acids from the gut. This forces the body to convert LDL cholesterol, also known as “bad cholesterol”, into bile acids which will take their place.
Effect on Fat Burning and Digestion
The laxative properties of African Mango seeds provide many benefits. They are supportive of healthy digestion and the formation of solid stool. By proxy, these seeds are also thought to be supportive of fat burning, and may be helpful for inducing weight loss in certain recipients, as seen in controlled studies.1
Serving Size: 1 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
African Mango (4:1 Concentrate) (Irvingia gabonensis) (seed)
Other Ingredients: Rice flour, gelatin (bovine) and vegetable magnesium stearate.
Dosage and Use:
- 1 capsule taken 1 to 2 times daily preferably with meals or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- This product should be used in conjunction with a sensible diet and exercise program.
- Non-GMO Formula!
- This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.