Benefits of X-R Shield
- Supports and maintains cellular health
- Reduces effects of free radicals from medical tests on the body
- Protects DNA from free radicals
- All natural ingredients
From solar ultraviolet to cosmic radiation to X-rays from medical diagnostic imaging procedures like CT scans, we are often exposed to ionizing radiation that consists of waves and particles of sufficient energy to disturb atoms. They effect the body by “knocking out” electrons to create ions.
Also known as free radicals, these ions have the potential to interact with living tissues and disturb cell structures, including fragile DNA. This can lead to a lowered immune system and a greater chance of developing regenerative health concerns such as cataracts or cancer.
In addition to limiting and/or avoiding excessive ionizing radiation exposure from various sources (e.g. recurrent transcontinental plane travel and frequent medical diagnostic imaging procedures like CT and/or PET scans) whenever reasonable, cellular support during ionizing radiation exposure and free radical generation is helpful for optimal health.
A review of the published scientific literature reveals that certain nutrients may help support and nourish the body’s cellular integrity in the context of ionizing radiation, and so X-R Shield was created with these ingredients to defend the cells of the body.
X-R Shield provides three nutrients that help support and maintain cellular integrity1-5:
- Lemon balm supports the production of superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase, and catalase. These are your body’s natural defense against oxidative damage.1 They provide critical support by inhibiting the formation of dangerous free radicals1,2— supporting your body’s natural defense of critical DNA.
- Ginkgo biloba supports the body’s capacity to scavenge reactive oxygen species, which can interact with DNA.3 This further helps support your body’s natural defense system in the context of DNA.4
- Spirulina supports immune system production of white blood cells in the bone marrow.5 These immune cells are critical for a healthy immune response.
Prior to ionizing radiation exposure consider taking three capsules of X-R Shield one to three times daily beginning at least five days beforehand and continue taking until the bottle is finished. This will allow the supplement to strengthen your system before exposure, prevent the damage during exposure, and continue to strengthen cell and DNA health afterwards.
Serving Size: 3 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Organic Spirulina powder (providing phycocyanin)
Lemon balm extract (aerial part)
Ginkgo extract (leaf) [std. to 24% ginkgo flavone glycosides, 6% total terpene lactones, <1ppm ginkgolic acid]
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice bran, maltodextrin, silica.
Dosage and Use:
- Take three (3) capsules one to three times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Suggested duration of use: start at least 5 days prior to a diagnostic protocol and continue taking until the bottle is complete.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Toxicol Ind Health. 2011 Apr;27(3):205-12.
2. Meat Sci. 2011 Jul;88(3):481-8.
3. Free Radic Biol Med. 1996;20(1):121-7.
4. Free Radic Biol Med. 1995 Jun;18(6):985-91.
5. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2001 Dec;22(12):1121-4.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.