Benefits of Life Extension Vitamins D and K with Sea-Iodine
- Supports bone health
- Supports healthy cells and cell growth
- Strengthens the immune system
- Decreases inflammation
- Supports healthy circulation
- Promotes thyroid health without sodium
Nutritional scientists are calling on Americans to increase their vitamin D, vitamin K, and Iodine intake. Life Extension Vitamins D and K with Sea-Iodine accomplishes this without the harmful effects of sodium by using blended extracts of marine algae.
Life Extension Vitamins D and K with Sea-Iodine is formulated to address our requirements for these important nutrients as we age. Vitamin D assists with calcium absorption. Bone growth requires Vitamin D as well. A deficiency may result in thin and brittle bones. Vitamin D isn’t only for bone health. It also supports cell growth, the immune function, and helps to decrease inflammation. A vitamin D deficiency may lead to weak bones, bone pain, and muscle weakness. Older adults are at a higher risk of developing an inadequacy because the skin can no longer efficiently synthesize vitamin D and they spend more time indoors. Other people at risk include dark skinned people, those with inflammatory bowel disease, obese people and patients who have undergone gastric bypass surgery.15
The importance of vitamin K is often overlooked. Vitamin K aids in the transportation of calcium from the bloodstream and into the bone and evidence suggests it is required for optimal bone and vascular health.1-11,16
Because many people are limited their intake of salt, their iodine levels are not optimum. Iodine is needed to make thyroid hormones that control many functions in the body including metabolism and bone and brain development.14 The Sea-Iodine utilized in this supplement has been specially formulated to provide iodine but without the unwanted effects of sodium.
|Serving Size: 1 capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||5000 IU|
|Vitamin K activity from: |
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4)
Vitamin K2 (as all-trans menaquinone-7)
|2100 mcg |
|Iodine [from Sea-Iodine™ Complex Blend (organic kelp and bladderwrack extracts, potassium iodide)]||1000 mcg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, modified food starch, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, silica.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule once daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Note: Due to the source of the kelp, this product may contain fish and crustacean shellfish.
Caution: Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with hypercalcemia (high blood calcium levels). People with kidney disease, certain medical conditions (such as hyperparathyroidism or sarcoidosis), and those who use cardiac glycosides (digoxin) or thiazide diuretics should consult a physician before using supplemental vitamin D. If you have a thyroid condition or are taking antithyroid medications, do not use without consulting your healthcare practitioner. If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Bone Miner Metab. 2001;19(3):146-9.
2. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):963-72.
3. J Bone Miner Res. 2007 Apr;22(4):509-19.
4. Natural Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7. Monograph April 2006
5. Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279-83.
6. Med. Hypotheses. 2007;(68):1026-34.
7. J Am Coll Nutr. 1992 Oct;11(5):567-83.
8. Endocrinology. 1984 Nov;115(5):1891-6.
9. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2001 Oct;12(5):555-60.
10. Atherosclerosis. 1995 Jul;116(1):117-23.
11. Calcif Tissue Int. 1996 Nov;59(5):352-6.
12. Prevention and Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
13. MedlinePlus: Iodine in diet
14. Office of Dietary Supplements: Iodine
15. Office of Dietary Supplements: Vitamin D
16. Vitamin K-containing dietary supplements: comparison of synthetic vitamin K1 and natto-derived menaquinone-7.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.