Benefits of Life Extension Tart Cherry with CherryPURE
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Supports muscle recovery after exercise
- Helps decrease aches and stiffness from muscle exertion
- Promotes cellular health
- Supports heart and brain health
Life Extension Tart Cherry contains the CherryPURE extract standardized to provide the most anthocyanins. These antioxidants have been thoroughly studied and shown to reduce the aches and stiffness from muscle exertion while supporting muscle recovery. It also supports cardiovascular and cognitive health.
With nearly 40 scientific studies published on the wide-ranging benefits of tart cherries, scientists are now discovering important new health applications for this American fruit. Tart cherries are packed with unique beneficial compounds that have been shown to block COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes,1 as well as maintain muscle function and promote rapid muscle recovery after exercise,2-5 bringing faster relief from the minor aches, discomfort, and stiffness that can follow everyday muscle exertion.2,3
In human studies, researchers have scientifically confirmed the muscle supporting benefits of tart cherries. For example, a randomized controlled trial found that consuming tart cherry juice twice daily produced a substantial decrease in muscle symptoms related to exercise. In the same study, the exercise-induced loss of strength over the four days following a workout was reduced from 22% to only 4%.4
In another randomized controlled trial, marathon runners given tart cherry juice for five days before a race, on race day, and for two days after a race experienced significantly faster recovery of isometric strength and muscle function.3 And in yet another controlled trial, tart cherry juice taken twice daily for seven days prior to a race produced a significantly smaller increase in post-race pain, according to a standard pain assessment scale, compared to the placebo group.2
Anthocyanins are powerful molecules that provide the dark pigmentation to blueberries, raspberries, and bilberries.6,7 In addition to being potent antioxidants, anthocyanins have been extensively studied for their numerous health benefits that include heart, cellular, and cognitive health.6-8
What has drawn the attention of scientists is the fact that tart cherries not only contain a higher content of anthocyanins than other fruits, they also contain unique anthocyanins not found in other berries.1 To allow the public to take full advantage of these discoveries, Life Extension® now offers Tart Cherry Extract, a 100% natural supplement that opens the door to the remarkable benefits of continued physical activity – at any age.2,4
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|CherryPURE® sour cherry (tart cherry) powder (skin) [providing anthocyanins]||480 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica.|
CherryPURE® is a registered trademark of Shoreline Fruit, LLC.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Phytomedicine. 2001 Sep;8(5):362-9.
2. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 May 7;7:17.
3. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010 Dec;20(6):843-52.
4. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Aug;40(8):679-83.
5. Am J Vet Res. 2009 Jun;70(6):758-63.
6. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):675-83.
7. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2004 Jan;69(1):75-80, 1 p preceding 75.
8. Adv Nutr. 2011 Jan;2(1):1-7.
9. Influence of tart cherry juice on indices of recovery following marathon running.
10. Efficacy of tart cherry juice in reducing muscle pain during running: a randomized controlled trial.
11. Efficacy of a tart cherry juice blend in preventing the symptoms of muscle damage.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.